|Service area||South West Wales|
|Service type||Bus & coach services|
|Fleet||387 (March 2014)|
In February 1990, along with Brewers Motor Services and United Welsh Coaches, South Wales Transport was sold to Badgerline. All initially retained their trading names but following Badgerline merging with GRT Group in April 1995 to form FirstBus, all Welsh operations were rebranded as First Cymru.
The company operates around 200 bus services in the south Wales area, in and between Haverfordwest, Pembroke, Tenby, Carmarthen, Ammanford, Llanelli, Swansea, Pontardawe, Neath, Port Talbot, Maesteg, Bridgend and Cardiff.
In addition to internal South Wales work, First Cymru also runs up to Mid Wales on the TrawsCymru T1 and T1C services, but most duties between Carmarthen and Aberystwyth are subcontracted to the drivers of small operator Mid Wales Travel at the northern end, who not only drive First's vehicles but garage two of them overnight for them.
For students of Swansea University, Unibus service 8 links the Hendrefoelan Student Village, Singleton Park Campus and Bay Campus to Swansea City Centre. They also run a half hourly shuttle bus between Singleton Park Campus and Bay Campus called 8X and service 10 linking Singleton Park Campus and Bay Campus with student areas Uplands and Sketty. These replaced the 82a and 85 in 2015 to coincide with the opening of the Bay Campus.
Park and Ride
In 2014, First Cymru started the Cymru Clipper express network which spans from Carmarthen to Cardiff.
Services X1, X2, X3, X4, X11, X13, X50, X51, X55 and X58 are encompassed into this network. Dedicated vehicles operate these services, with the majority of them offering WiFi and leather seats as standard.
First Cymru operate a bus rapid transport route between Singleton Hospital, Swansea University, Swansea City Centre and Morriston Hospital as Swansea Metro. On 28 August 2015 the fleet of Wright StreetCar articulated buses that operated the service were replaced by Wright StreetLite buses and were rebranded to red metro branding.
- 201 Swansea - Gatwick Airport
- 202 Swansea - Heathrow Airport
- 508 Haverfordwest - London Victoria Coach Station
- 528 Haverfordwest - Rochdale
As at March 2014 the fleet consisted of 387 buses and coaches.
- Companies House extract company no 133884 First Cymru Buses Limited formerly The South Wales Transport Company Limited
- NBC sale at halfway stage Commercial Motor 16 May 1987 page 21
- Names remain the same Commercial Motor 1 March 1990 page 20
- "X10 Swansea to Cardiff Express | South & West Wales". First Bus. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- Greyhound has changed[permanent dead link] First South & West Wales 17 November 2015
- Swansea to Cardiff Greyhound services to be scrapped from this week Wales Online 2 December 2015
- Greyhound brand in the UK comes to an end[permanent dead link] Route One 16 December 2015
- First Cymru announces Swansea's bendy bus services to be scrapped South Wales Evening Post 24 June 2015
- "Three depots and Swansea ftr axed in First cutbacks" Buses issue 725 August 2015 page 6
- Edwards Expands Coach & Bus Week 2 May 2012
- FirstGroup Fleetlist Steve White
Media related to First Cymru at Wikimedia Commons