First Nations in New Brunswick
The First Nations of New Brunswick, Canada number more than 10,000, mostly Mi'kmaq and Maliseet. Although the Passamaquoddy maintain a land claim at St. Andrews, New Brunswick and historically occurred in New Brunswick, they have no reserves in the province, and have no official status in Canada.
List of First Nations
New Brunswick is home to 15 First Nations.
|First Nation||Group||Population (on reserve)||Population (off reserve)|
|Burnt Church Band||Mi'kmaq||1,238||468|
|Eel Ground First Nation||Mi'kmaq||542||420|
|Eel River Bar Band||Mi'kmaq||331||335|
|Elsipogtog First Nation||Mi'kmaq||2,383||709|
|Fort Folly Band||Mi'kmaq||34||88|
|Indian Island Band||Mi'kmaq||101||72|
|Kingsclear First Nation||Maliseet||666||283|
|Madawaska Maliseet First Nation||Maliseet||144||168|
|Metepenagiag Mi'kmaq Nation||Mi'kmaq||410||190|
|Saint Mary's Band||Maliseet||806||864|
List of First Nations reserves
- 500 nations. "New Brunswick First Nations". Retrieved 2008-01-26.
- Atlantic Region Aboriginal Communities Map - Indian and Northern Affairs Canada http://pse5-esd5.ainc-inac.gc.ca/FNP/Main/Search/FNListGrid.aspx?lang=eng Last accessed 27 July 2012
- "List of Reserves/Settlements/Villages (New Brunswick)". Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada. June 28, 2012. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (New Brunswick)". Statistics Canada. May 28, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- Aboriginal Canada. First Nations in New Brunswick
|This New Brunswick-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This First Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|