First Time (TV series)
|Developed by||Kit Villanueva-Langit|
|Directed by||Andoy Ranay|
|Opening theme||"First Love" by Rita Iringan|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||78|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||February 8– May 28, 2010|
First Time is a 2010 Philippine television drama romance series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Andoy Ranay, it stars Barbie Forteza, Joshua Dionisio and Jake Vargas. It premiered on February 8, 2010 on the network's Telebabad line up replacing Ikaw Sana. The series concluded on May 28, 2010 with a total of 78 episodes. It was replaced by Langit sa Piling Mo in its timeslot.
Cyndi and Lukas are a couple of teenagers who met one summer at the beach. Their new-found friendship is immediately put to the test after Lucas’ mother dies from a mysterious accident, which resulted in his father's decision to live abroad. And just like that, Cyndi and Lukas, albeit unwillingly, said their goodbyes.
Two years later, Lukas returns to the country and enrolls in the same school as Cyndi’s. For a while, the two try to rekindle their friendship only for Cyndi to find out that the Lukas from that memorable summer is no longer there. Lukas, once a cheerful and fun-loving boy, has grown to become so quiet, and detached from everyone including Cyndi.
In the long run, with the help of Cyndi and her best friend Baste, Lukas will eventually come to terms with the tragedies in his life. All three of them become inseparable – even Lukas and Baste, who have little in common besides sharing a love for Cyndi – spending most of their time at Baste’s, whose middle-class family finds happiness in music.
In the end, Lukas' father confesses that he is part of the scheme that killed Lukas' Mother, but didn't tell Lukas because he is protecting Lukas and the family's reputation. As he and Lukas become close, he is taken away by the police. Lukas'Godfather decides to follow his brother's wishes to send Lukas abroad to study. At their Farewell Party, Lukas and Cyndi say their goodbyes but Lukas promises Cyndi to come back every summer.
Two years later, Cyndi is on vacation at the resort where she first met Lukas. She narrates that a lot has changed in Their School: St. Claire's, when Lukas Left. She narrates that Baste is now flirting with Lukas' cousin Sarah, Jimbo finally got to college after being held back a few years, and Cyndi is still waiting for Lukas to make good on his promise to come back. When she turns around she sees Lukas. Lukas tells her that he wants to make good on his promise, after talking for a while, they decide to have fun and chase each other in the beach.
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Supporting cast
- Bea Binene as Natalie Dimaculangan
- Jhoana Marie Tan as Sara Santiago
- Lucho Ayala as Jimbo Dimaculangan
- Mark Elliot Castillo as Daniel Olivia
- Gracie Henson as Patty Montalban
- Joyce Ching as Bea
- Mac Castillo as Nathan
- Eugene Domingo as Barbarella Buncalan Jackson
- Michelle Madrigal as Valeria Gomez
- Joross Gamboa as Coach Ted
- Ian Veneracion as Robert Gomez
- Ana Capri as Hilda Gomez
- Cris Villanueva as Ben Gomez
- Angel Jacob as Olive Ynfante
- Eric Quizon as Jaime Ynfante
- Manilyn Reynes as Laura Luna
- Romnick Sarmenta as Marcel Luna
- Bayani Agbayani as Raffy Santiago
- Shiela Marie Rodriguez as Doris Santiago
- Alicia Mayer as the fake Ms. Dimaculangan
- Mel Kimura as Ms. Ida
- Ricci Chan as Sir Pete
- Roxanne Barcelo  as Ms. Berna
- Peter Serrano as Manay Oh
- Harlene Bautista-Sarmenta as Teresa Chavez
- Extended cast
- Anna Vicente as Belle
- Carmi Martin as the real Ms. Dimaculangan
- Patrick Suelto as Josh Goretti
- Tricia Andrews as Hannah
- Emsi Nightmare as Mary Christine
Home media release
|Vietnam||SNTV SCTV6||Mối tình đầu||January 4, 2014|
- Barbie, Joshua and Jhake explore young love on First Time
- Barbie Forteza and Joshua Dionisio are too young for courtship in real life
- Experience young love for the 'First Time'
- First Time's Joanna Marie Tan doesn't find villain typecasting a burden
- Roxanne Barcelo's advice to First Time youngsters: "O, mag-aral kayong mabuti."
- Santiago, Erwin (February 10, 2010). "AGB Mega Manila TV Ratings (Feb. 8): Four new shows make strong impact on ratings game". Retrieved March 6, 2018.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|