Dream League Soccer
|Dream League Soccer|
|Publisher(s)||First Touch Games|
|First release||First Touch Soccer|
6 May 2011
|Latest release||Dream League Soccer 2021|
2 November 2020
Originally released on 6 May 2011 as First Touch Soccer, the game produced two editions, namely FTS14 and FTS15, after which the game was rebranded as Dream League Soccer. Several editions have been released since then, all under the name DLS. The latest edition is DLS21, which was released on 2 November 2020.
AppSmile said "Replay value is outstanding, as there are plenty of modes to keep you busy and a multiplayer mode to find human competition when the AI just doesn't cut it". AppSpy said "It pushes the football genre a little further on the App Store and while it may not have exactly the same features as console titles, it makes up for this by being a top competitor on the field itself". PocketGamerUK wrote "With an air of professionalism, the game delivers a consummate football experience, representing a new high water mark for the genre on iPhone". AppGamer said "I think this is easily the best football/soccer app you can get at the moment". Multiplayer.it wrote "This game is the sequel of X2 Football 10/11 with better graphics, better framerate (only on new generation iOS devices) and an overall increased quality; at €0.79/$0.99, it's a must buy for football fans". Tap! wrote "The real joy here is the fluid gameplay. Play is controlled simply with an analogue stick for movement and three buttons for attacking and defensive activities. You can also double tap the right side of the screen to pull off some context-sensitive special moves". Level7.nu said the game has "A very ambitious game with lots of content and great gameplay".
Though originally starting the game as First Touch Soccer, FTG has removed the First Touch Soccer title and replaced it with the DLS series. The game has several sequels, with a new edition being released every year. As of December 2020[update], the latest sequel is DLS21.
DLS offers both a career mode and an online mode where players can play matches to earn promotion to higher divisions and tiers in both modes respectively, as well as an offline exhibition mode where players can play one-off matches against real teams controlled by AI. A local multiplayer mode is also available, where one can play 1v1 matches with their friends. The main aim of DLS21 is to buy good players and strengthen your squad to play against the best teams in the DLS world.
- "First Touch Soccer Review". appspy.com. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- "Dream League Soccer 2021 – Apps on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- "First Touch Soccer". Metacritic.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 12 April 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "First Touch Soccer Review". appspy.com.
- "First Touch Soccer". www.pocketgamer.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Rigore è quando arbitro fischia". Multiplayer.it.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 October 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Dream League Soccer 2020 - Apps on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 2 September 2020.