First Ukrainian International Bank
|Industry||Finance and insurance|
|Sergey Chernenko, Board Chairman|
|$56 mil (2011, IFRS)|
|Total assets||$3700 mil (2011, IFRS)|
|Total equity||$605 mil (2011, IFRS)|
Number of employees
The First Ukrainian International Bank was founded on 20 November 1991, registered with the National Bank of Ukraine on 23 December 1991. In April 1992 the Bank started its banking operations. In 1995 the Bank began its cooperation with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD”) and in 1996 - with Deutsche Investitions-und Entwicklungsgesellschaft MbH (“DEG”). In 1999 each of DEG, the EBRD and International Finance Corporation (“IFC”), became shareholders with 10% holding. In 2000 Fortis Bank became a shareholder as legal successor of Bank Mees & Hope N.V. The Bank was also the first Ukrainian bank to institute IFRS financial reporting (in 1991) and one of the first to obtain a credit rating from an international credit rating agency (Fitch in 1998). FUIB is a principal member of payment systems VISA International since 1996 and MasterCard International since 1993 and a regular participant of the State Retail Deposit Insurance Fund.
As of March 2012, Moody's rating for FUIB is stable. FUIB is presented by 168 outlets throughout Ukraine. The Bank has been a member of various organizations, for instance, of the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (“SWIFT”) since 1993. In 2001 the Bank joined the Ukrainian First Stock Trading System (PFTS). On December 2010 Central bank of Ukraine approved a reorganization plan of Dongorbank by means of merging two banks and accession Dongorbank to FUIB. On July 16, 2011 a consolidation of First Ukrainian International Bank (FUIB) and Dongorbank was completed and starting from July 18 the combined bank actives work under a joint brand FUIB.
- "Fact sheets - FUIB". scmholding.com. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- "IFC News - Press Releases & FeaturesPress Release". Ifc.org. 1998-06-19. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "History". Pumb.ua. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Relationships with Rating Agencies". Pumb.ua. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Moody's Disclosures on Credit Rating of First Ukrainian International Bank, PJSC". www.moodys.com. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "Central bank okays FUIB, Dongorbank merger | Ukrainians in Canada, US". Ukrainians.ca. 2010-12-27. Archived from the original on 2012-09-13. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Media centre - Press releases". scmholding.com. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- Руслан Черный (2011-07-19). "Ъ - ПУМБ досчитал до десяти // Присоединение Донгорбанка усилило его позиции". Kommersant.ua. Retrieved 2011-08-03.