First United Methodist Church of Orlando
First United Methodist Church of Orlando is a church located in Downtown Orlando. Founded in 1882, First United Methodist Church has been a presence in Central Florida for over 125 years. The church has helped found many non-profit and charitable organizations, including the Coalition for the Homeless  and IDignity.
After a sale of property to the City of Orlando and the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, First United Methodist Church of Orlando undertook a multimillion-dollar building project that revitalized its campus and changed the look of downtown. The new ministry building for First United Methodist Church of Orlando opened in September 2011 and held a special dedication on October 2, 2011.
- First United Methodist Church of Orlando, "Our History", "firstchurchorlando.org"
- Coalition for the Homeless, "Fact Sheet", "centralfloridahomeless.org"
- Orlando Sentinel Archive, "Methodists to take in homeless", 5/9/1986, "orlandosentinel.org"
- City of Orlando, "Press Release" "cityoforlando.net"
- IDignity, "Supporters" "idignity.org"
- Orlando Sentinel, "Orlando church agrees to $28.35 million deal that clears way for performing arts center", 2007-12-05, "orlandosentinel.org"
- Orlando Sentinel, "Change to arts center deal nets church $2 million", 1/24/2011, "orlandosentinel.org"
- First United Methodist Church of Orlando, "Dedication Sunday", 10/2/2011, "firstchurchorlando.org"
- First Church Orlando website
- First Church Orlando on Twitter
- First Church Orlando on Facebook
- Florida United Methodist Conference website
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|