First Win E
|Type||Armoured personnel carrier|
|Place of origin||Thailand|
|Used by||See Operators|
|Manufacturer||Chaiseri Metal & Rubber|
|Produced||2010 – present|
|Crew||1 driver, 10 dismounts|
|Engine||Cummins Diesel Engine
|Transmission||Allison automatic transmission|
|Ground clearance||0.4 Meters|
First Win is an infantry mobility vehicle with an all-welded steel V-shaped monocoque hull that provides high level protection against a variety of battlefield threats, including mines and improvised explosive devices. Gross vehicle weight is about 9 tonnes and it can carry up to 10 troops plus driver.
The Royal Thai Army has officially announced a first batch order of 21 First Wins. Five additional First Wins are being negotiated for acquisition. The Thai Ministry of Justice has officially ordered 18 First Wins  designated for the Department of Special Investigation.
Chaiseri also plans to export the First Win to potential foreign customers.
A 7.62mm or .50 machine gun can be mounted on the roof, while firing ports allow use of small arms from inside. Remote Weapon System can also be installed upon requirement.
The First Win is powered by a Cummins diesel engine (300HP in the original configuration, 250HP in the E version) coupled with an Allison 3000 SP automatic transmission (Allison 2500 SP in the E version., providing maximum road speed of up to 100 km/h. The vehicle comes standard with powered steering, independent suspensions and run-flat tyres. Ballistic protection is up to STANAG 4569 Level II and mine protection to Level 3b under the hull centre and Level 4a under any station.
- First Win: The original variant.
- First Win-E: A more compact variant with gross vehicle weight of 10 tons, comparable to the HMMWV.
- AV4 Lipan Bara: Lisenced built by DefTech for Malaysian Armed Forces and Royal Malaysian Police.
- Royal Thai Army - 21 First Wins ordered in March 2012. About 50 ordered in 2013. RTA's source has indicate interest in the smaller First Win-E. Other 200 confirmed ordered, at least 18 per year will be delivered.
- Department of Special Investigation - First Wins ordered in October 2015.
- Malaysian Army - First six units will be built by Chaiseri at its facilities in Pathum Thani Province and delivered to Malaysia in the first quarter of 2016. The remaining vehicles will be produced under licence by Malaysia'S DRB-Hicom Defence Technologies (DefTech), designation of the vehicle was AV4 Lipanbara.
Potential and future operators
- "Chaiseri Defence Vehicle present for the first time at IDEX - Army Recognition". Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Thailand; Army orders First Win MRAPS". Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "A strong niche player - Eurosatory 2012 - IHS Jane's". Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Protected mobility- VEHICLES SLOW TO ACCELERATE IN ASIA". Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "New life, extended life - IDEX 2013 - IHS Jane's". Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "First Win APC from Thailand - IDEX 2011 - IHS Jane's". Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- Royal Thai Army Service First Win
- Thai Police Department of Special Investigation receives first batch of First Win 4×4
- DefTech. "DefTech AV4". Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- Philippines will take delivery «First Win 4×4» Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles