First Win E
|Type||Armoured personnel carrier|
|Place of origin||Thailand|
|Used by||See Operators|
|Manufacturer||Chaiseri Metal and Rubber Co., Ltd. (Thailand) |
|Produced||2010 – present|
|No. built||21 (Thailand) |
34 from the total of 200 (Malaysia)
|Crew||1 driver, 10 passengers|
|Engine||Cummins Diesel Engine|
|Transmission||Allison automatic transmission|
|Ground clearance||0.4 meters|
First Win is a mine-resistant ambush protected infantry mobility vehicle with an all-welded steel monocoque V-hull that provides high level protection against a variety of battlefield threats, including mines and improvised explosive devices. Gross vehicle weight is about nine tonnes and it can carry up to 10 troops plus driver.
Chaiseri hopes to export the First Win to foreign customers.
The Royal Thai Army announced a first batch order of 21 First Wins. Five additional First Wins are being negotiated for acquisition. The Thai Ministry of Justice has ordered 18 First Wins for the Department of Special Investigation.
In 2017, Chaiseri has shown the First Win 2 in Defense and Security 2017.
A 7.62mm or .50 machine gun can be mounted on the roof, while firing ports allow use of small arms from inside. Remote Weapon System can also be installed upon requirement.
The First Win is powered by a Cummins diesel engine (300HP in the original configuration, 250HP in the E version) coupled with an Allison 3000 SP automatic transmission (Allison 2500 SP in the E version., providing maximum road speed of up to 100 km/h. The vehicle comes standard with powered steering, independent suspensions and run-flat tyres. Ballistic protection is up to STANAG 4569 Level 2 and mine protection to Level 3B under the hull centre and Level 4A under any station.
- First Win: The original model. Known as First Win Multipurpose Armored Vehicle.
- First Win-E: A more compact variant with gross vehicle weight of 10 tons, comparable to the HMMWV.
- First Win Anti-Riot: Used by the Royal Thai Police with a remote control weapon system turret on top. Has a capacity of eight occupants.
- First Win APC: First shown at Defense & Security 2015, with a lengthened body to accommodate more occupants.
- AV4 Lipanbara: License built by DefTech for Malaysian Armed Forces and Royal Malaysian Police.200 vehicle planned. It was renamed as Lipanbara by Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak when he visited the Deftech pavilion during Defence Services Asia 2016. The vehicle is named after a poisonous centipede found in Malaysia. AV4 Lipanbara was customized to fulfill the requirement of Malaysian Army standard.This included the installation of 300 hp engine,upgrade and strengthened armored protection up to STANAG 4569 level 3 and the fitted of M134D-H gatling gun.
- Royal Thai Army - 21 First Wins ordered in March 2012. About 50 ordered in 2013. RTA's source has indicate interest in the smaller First Win-E. Other 200 confirmed ordered, at least 18 per year will be delivered.
- Thailand's Department of Special Investigation - First Wins ordered in October 2015.
- Malaysian Army - 200 planned. First six units will be built by Chaiseri at its facilities in Pathum Thani Province and delivered to Malaysia in the first quarter of 2016. The remaining vehicles will be produced under licence by Malaysia's DRB-Hicom Defence Technologies (DefTech), designation of the vehicle was AV4 Lipanbara.
- "D&S2015: ชัยเสรี พร้อมส่งมอบ AV4 First Win ให้มาเลเซียในปีหน้า/Chaiseri ready to deliver the AV4 First Win to Malaysia by 2016 (UPDATED)". archive.org. 4 March 2016. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 23 April 2018.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Chaiseri Defence Vehicle present for the first time at IDEX". Army Recognition. Archived from the original on 23 September 2015. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "New life, extended life - IDEX 2013 - IHS Jane's". Archived from the original on 30 March 2013. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Thailand; Army orders First Win MRAPS". Archived from the original on 4 November 2014. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "A strong niche player - Eurosatory 2012 - IHS Jane's". Archived from the original on 13 April 2014. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Protected mobility- VEHICLES SLOW TO ACCELERATE IN ASIA". Archived from the original on 14 June 2013. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Chaiseri showcases new version of First Win multipurpose vehicle at Defense and Security 2017 - Defence Blog". defence-blog.com. 6 November 2017. Archived from the original on 15 March 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "First Win APC from Thailand - IDEX 2011 - IHS Jane's". Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "First Win 4x4 multipurpose armoured vehicle". Army Recognition. Archived from the original on 7 March 2017.
- "Thai Defence Company Chaiseri unveils armoured personnel carrier variant of its First Win vehicle". Army Recognition. 4 November 2015. Archived from the original on 15 March 2016. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "Editorial: Wars and inventions". MOTORME.MY. Archived from the original on 14 August 2017.
- "Deftech of Malaysia unveils new Lipanbara 4x4 HMAV High Mobility Armoured Vehicle at DSA 2016 - Defence Blog". defence-blog.com. 20 April 2016. Archived from the original on 18 October 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- Administrator. "Deftech of Malaysia unveils new Lipanbara 4x4 HMAV High Mobility Armoured Vehicle at DSA 2016 11904163 - DSA 2016 Official Online Show Daily News - Defence security military exhibition 2016 daily news category". www.armyrecognition.com. Archived from the original on 30 December 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- Administrator. "D&S2012: ชัยเสรีพร้อมส่งมอบรถเกราะ First Win ให้กองทัพบกไทย". www.thaiarmedforce.com. Archived from the original on 3 September 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "Thai Police Department of Special Investigation receives first batch of First Win 4×4 - Defence Blog". defence-blog.com. 11 October 2015. Archived from the original on 13 August 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- DefTech. "DefTech AV4". Archived from the original on 24 May 2015. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- "Armored Cars: Deftech AV4". 21stcenturyasianarmsrace.com. 14 May 2016. Archived from the original on 23 December 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "Philippines will take delivery "First Win 4x4" Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles - Defence Blog". defence-blog.com. 6 November 2015. Archived from the original on 11 October 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "D&S 2017: Chaiseri looks to the next generation - LWI - Land Warfare - Shephard Media". www.shephardmedia.com. Archived from the original on 15 November 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2018.