Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Written by||Jill Gordon|
Mark B. Perry
|Directed by||Timothy Busfield|
Sydney Tamiia Poitier
|Composer(s)||W. G. Snuffy Walden|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||9 (6 unaired)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jill Gordon|
Mark B. Perry
|Cinematography||John B. Aronson|
|Running time||45 mins.|
|Production company(s)||P.D. Oliver, Inc.|
Studios USA Television
|Original release||March 19 –|
April 2, 2001
|Related shows||This Life|
First Years is an American legal drama that aired on NBC from March to April 2001. It is a remake of the British series This Life. The series premiered on March 19, 2001, but was canceled after only three of the nine episodes produced had aired.
- Mackenzie Astin as Warren Harrison
- Ken Marino as Miles Lawton
- Samantha Mathis as Anna Weller
- Sydney Tamiia Poitier as Riley Kessler
- James Roday as Edgar "Egg" Ross
- Eric Schaeffer as Sam O'Donnell
- Kevin Connolly as Joe
- Bruce Winant as Bruce
|No.||Title||Directed by ||Original air date ||Prod.|
|1||"The First Thing You Do..."||Scott Winant||March 19, 2001||E1902|
|2||"...And Then You Die"||Timothy Busfield||March 26, 2001||E1903|
|3||"There's No Place Like Homo"||Timothy Busfield||April 2, 2001||E1907|
|4||"Porn in the U.S.A."|
|5||"Touched by a Reindeer"||Ken Topolsky||Unaired||E1904|
|7||"When I Grow Up"||TBA||Unaired||E1906|
|8||"Habeas Corpse"||Ken Topolsky||Unaired||E1908|
|9||"This Life"||Timothy Busfield||Unaired||E1909|
- T.L. Stanley (March 19, 2001). "Pulling NBC's 'First Years' Through a Rocky Birth". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- Tim Brooks; Earle Marsh (2007). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946–Present (9 ed.). Ballantine Books. p. 477. ISBN 0-345-49773-2.
- From the United States Copyright Office catalog: "Public Catalog - Copyright Catalog (1978 to present) - Basic Search [search: "First Years : no."]". United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- From the Writers Guild of America, West catalog: "Signatory Project Confirmation [search: "First Years"]". Writers Guild of America, West. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- Eric Mink (March 19, 2001). "THERE OUTTA BE A LAW 'First Years' is an annoying ripoff". New York Daily News. Retrieved 2017-10-10.