This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
4.2.0 / September 27, 2016
|License||Proprietary; free for non-commercial|
Fisheye is a revision-control browser and search engine owned by Atlassian, Inc. Although Fisheye is a commercial product, it is freely available to open source projects and non-profit institutions. In addition to the advanced search and diff capabilities, it provides:
- the notion of changelog and changesets - even if the underlying version control system (such as CVS) does not support this
- direct, resource-based URLs down to line-number level
- monitoring and user-level notifications via e-mail or RSS
However, it lacks some basic capabilities that exist in other revision-control browsers (e.g. Trac, Redmine) such as being able to compare different revisions of a folder or compare two folders (such as branches and tags). This is widely seen as a critical omission and vastly reduces Fisheye's usefulness as a tool for managing the software release process.
Use in open-source projects
Atlassian approves free licenses for community and open-source installations under certain conditions. Many major open source projects use Fisheye to provide a front-end for the source code repository:
Due to the resource-based URLs, it is possible to integrate Fisheye with different issue and bug tracking systems. It also provides a REST and XML-RPC API. Fisheye also integrates with IDEs like IntelliJ IDEA via the Atlassian IDE Connector.
- Fisheye Repository Browsing
- "FishEye Licensing - Atlassian".
- FishEye Search
- FishEye Advanced Diffs
- FishEye Changelog & Changesets
- Fisheye Communications
- Fisheye Notifications
- [FE-239] Compare selected revisions of a folder - Atlassian JIRA. Jira.atlassian.com. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- "The Firebird Project is now using Fisheye". Atlassian. 2008-10-30.
- Atlassian. "Fisheye - Pricing | Atlassian". Atlassian. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "Supported platforms".
- Fisheye IntelliJ Connector