Fish & Richardson
|No. of offices||12|
|No. of attorneys||400+|
|Major practice areas||IP Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Patent, Post-Grant, Trademark, Copyright, Regulatory|
|Key people||Peter Devlin (President)|
|Company type||Professional Corporation|
Fish & Richardson P.C. is a global patent, intellectual property litigation, and commercial litigation law firm with more than 400 attorneys and technology specialists across the U.S. and Europe. Fish is one of the most sought-after firms for both patent prosecution and patent litigation services among Fortune 100 companies. Fish has been named the #1 patent litigation firm in the U.S. for 12 consecutive years. In 2016, Fish was a finalist for American Lawyer’s “Top IP Litigation Department of the Year”. Fish’s intellectual property practice received a top “Tier 1” U.S. ranking by Managing Intellectual Property magazine from 2011-2015. The firm’s growing regulatory group advises clients seeking to market products subject to United States Federal Communications Commission and the Food and Drug Administration regulation.
- Fish & Richardson named #1 Patent Litigation Firm (Corporate Counsel, 2004–2016)
- Fish & Richardson named Patent Law Firm of the Year (2012-2015 US News Media Group and Best Lawyers, Best Law Firms survey)
- Fish & Richardson recipient of "Tier 1" rankings in Litigation-Intellectual Property, Litigation-Patent, Technology Law, and Trademark Law (2012-2016 US News Media Group and Best Lawyers, Best Law Firms survey)
- Fish & Richardson named to Top IP Law Firm representing America's largest Corporations (2012-2013 Corporate Counsel)
- Fish & Richardson named #1 summer associate program, ranked #10 as the "Best Law Firm to Work For," and ranked #1 IP and IP litigation firm (2011 Vault)
- Fish & Richardson receives Top 2016 "Band 1" rankings in intellectual property and international trade (Chambers USA) 
- Fish & Richardson receives top Tier 1 national ranking in patent litigation - Patent Prosecution (2011-2013 The Legal 500) 
- Fish & Richardson Ranks in Top 15 Percent of Law Firms for Diversity (2016 AmLaw) 
- Fish & Richardson named a Top Trademark Law Firm (2011-2016 World Trademark Review) 
- Fish & Richardson Ranked as a Top 100 Law Firm for Diversity (2012 MultiCultural Law Magazine)
- Fish & Richardson recipient of Top "Tier 1" IP Rankings in every national US category (January 2011 – 2015 Managing Intellectual Property) 
- Fish & Richardson named International Trade Group of the Year (January 2011 Law360) 
- Fish & Richardson named Top 30 Game Law Firm (January 2011 Interactive Age) 
- Fish & Richardson Named Finalist – Litigation Department of the Year(January 2014, 2016 The American Lawyer)
- Fish & Richardson Named to National Law Journal's 2015 Appellate Hot List
- Fish & Richardson Named Patent Contentious Law Firm of the Year in the U.S. by Managing Intellectual Property
- Fish & Richardson Named #1 in International Trade Commission Filings (2014 The National Law Journal)
- Fish & Richardson Named “IP Litigation Powerhouse” (BTI Survey)
- Fish & Richardson Named Law360 IP Practice Group of the Year (2011-2016)
- Fish & Richardson Named Top PTAB Law Firm (2015 Managing Intellectual Property Magazine)
- Fish & Richardson Receives Top Tier 1 National Rankings in Patent Prosecution and Patent Litigation(The Legal 500)
- Fish & Richardson Named to 2015 Intellectual Property Hot List (2012-2016 National Law Journal)
- Fish & Richardson Patent Prosecution and Litigation Practices Received Top National Rankings (2014-2016 IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Practitioners)
- Frederick Perry Fish, Founder of the firm and president of American Telephone & Telegraph Corporation from 1901 to 1907.
Industry Sectors: Academic Research and Medical Centers, Aerospace/Defense, Chemicals, Cleantech, Consumer Products, Digital Health, Digital Media and E-Commerce, Electrical/Computer Technology, Energy/Petro-Chemical, Financial/Business Services, Internet, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Medical Devices, Nanotechnology, Telecommunications, Transportation
- "Who Protects Innovation in America 2009: The Guardians". 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
...With eight and six mentions, respectively, two of the top litigation firms—Fish & Richardson and IP Litigation Department of the Year winner Quinn Emanuel Urquhart Oliver & Hedges (see "What Rhymes with Win?" page 26) had four clients between the tech and telecom sectors. ...'
- "2015 Patent Litigation Survey". November 2015. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
Fish & Richardson...topped the survey for the twelfth consecutive year, having handled 201 cases in 2014 -- more than any other firm. Fish is on track to surpass that number this year...
- "Litigation Department of the Year". 2016. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
According to The American Lawyer, “When it comes to the numbers, Fish & Richardson can’t be beat. In 2014…the firm handled 245 new intellectual property suits…more than any other Am Law 200 firm.
- "Managing Intellectual Property World IP Survey" (PDF). 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- Corporate Counsel (October 2014). "The 2015 Patent Litigation Survey".
- US News - Best Lawyers (2015). "Fish & Richardson P.C. Profile". Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "US_News_-_Best_Lawyers" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Corporate Counsel (2011). "Corporate Counsel".
- Vault (2011). "Law Firm Rankings - 2012 Vault Law 100".
- Chambers and Partners (2011). "2016 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business".
- The Legal 500 (2013). " ""Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner LLP and Fish & Richardson P.C. continue to lead the ranking..."".
- Law.com (2014). "2016 Diversity Scorecard: The Rankings".
- World Trademark Review (2014). "WTR 1000".
- MultiCultural Law Magazine (2012). "WTR 1000".
- Managing Intellectual Property (February 2014). "Managing Intellectual Property 2014 Survey" (PDF).
- Law360 (31 January 2011). "International Trade Group of the Year: Fish & Richardson".
- Morning Star (26 January 2011). "Fish & Richardson Named "Top 30 Game Law Firm" by Interactive Age".
- "Litigation Department of the Year" (PDF). 2014. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
...They aren’t just ubiquitous—Fish handled 20 percent of all U.S. patent cases tried to verdict...'
- "The 2015 Appellate Hot List: Winning Big Cases, Changing the Law". National Law Journal. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "Managing IP North America awards 2016 – shortlists | Managing Intellectual Property". www.managingip.com. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "Fish & Richardson Named #1 in International Trade Commission Filings for 2014 by The National Law Journal". Del Mar-Carmel Valley, CA Patch. 2015-01-20. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "Fish Named IP Litigation Powerhouse | Fish". Fish & Richardson. 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "IP Group Of The Year: Fish & Richardson - Law360". www.law360.com. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "Fish & Richardson Named #1 PTAB Law Firm : General Counsel News". generalcounselnews.com. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "The Legal 500 - The Clients Guide to the best Law firms, top Lawyers, Attorneys, Advocates, Solicitors and Barristers.". www.legal500.com. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "The 2015 IP Hot List". National Law Journal. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "IAM Patent 1000 - Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) - Maximising IP Value for Business". www.iam-media.com. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- Staff report (November 7, 1930). Frederick P. Fish, Noted Lawyer, Dies; Was President of American Telephone and Telegraph Co. for Many Years. An Overseer of Harvard. Also a Leading Member of Massachusetts "Tech's" Board and a Bank Director. New York Times