Fish was thought to be a ruler of the Lower Egypt or a part of Lower Egypt during the late prehistoric period. He most likely never existed and is a modern invention due to misunderstanding of early hieroglyphic signs. Fish is known only from the Fish hieroglyph and was possibly a king of the prehistoric Dynasty 0 of Predynastic Egypt.
Fish is thought to have ruled late in the 33rd century BC.
He is known only from artefacts that bear his mark, a hieroglyphic fish symbol. The dates and geographic extent of his rule are not known nor is his actual name.
- Jürgen Schraten, Zur Aktualität von Jan Assmann: Einleitung in sein Werk (Springer-Verlag, 11.11.2010) page 59.
- Studien Zur Altagyptischen Kultuer 2008. page 158 zur Altägyptischen Kultur, Band 37.
- Barry Kemp (a1), Andrew Boyce and James Harrell, The Colossi from the Early Shrine at Coptos in Egypt, in: Cambridge Archaeological Journal Volume 10, Issue 2April 2000, 233.
- THE DYNASTY 0 Pahroeohs.
- Felde, Rolf: Gottheiten, Pharaonen und Beamte im alten Ägypten, Norderstedt 2017, page 125.
- Michael Hoveler Muller, Zu den fruhzeitlichen Konigen "Fingerchnecke und und Fisch aus dem Grab U-j in Umm el Qaab. page 159.