Fish River (New Zealand)
|Fish River, New Zealand|
|Main source||Southern Alps|
|River mouth||Makarora River|
The Fish River, New Zealand is a river in the Otago Region of New Zealand. A tributary of the Makarora River, it rises east of Mount Burke and flows south-eastward through Mount Aspiring National Park, crossing State Highway 6 at 44° 6.97'S 169° 20.66'E, to join that river south of Haast Pass.
- "Fish River Bridge". 2004.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 79. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Reed, Alexander Wyclif (1975). Place names of New Zealand. p. 125.
- Heinrich Ferdinand Von Haast, Julius von Haast (1948). The life and times of Sir Julius von Haast, explorer, geologist, museum builder. p. 276.
- McClymont, W. G. (1959). The exploration of New Zealand. p. 83.
- "Haast Pass". An Encyclopaedia of New Zealand. 1966.
- Land Information New Zealand - Search for Place Names
|This article about a river in the Otago Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|