|Vivanta by Taj—Fisherman's Cove, Chennai|
|Hotel chain||Taj Hotels|
|Address||Covelong Beach, Kancheepuram
Chennai, Tamil Nadu 603 112
|Number of rooms||152 guest rooms|
|Number of restaurants||3|
Vivanta by Taj—Fisherman's Cove, commonly called Fisherman's Cove, is a luxury beach resort near the coast of the Bay of Bengal in Chennai, India. Categorized as a 5-star deluxe resort by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, it is a part of the chain of Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces and is classified under the group's leisure/resort hotels section. Owner by the Covelong Beach Hotels Limited, an associate of the Taj Group, the hotel is built on the ramparts of a ruined 18th-century Dutch castle.
The Dutch, upon arriving at the coast, built a magnificent fort in the 18th century. However, they were attacked and driven out by the Nawab of Arcot, who in turn was tricked by the French and ultimately surrendered. The British vanquished the French, and with them the fort remained until independence. The Fisherman's Cove hotel is built on the ramparts of this ruined fortress. The hotel was opened in 1974. In 1996, the Indian Hotels Company entered a technical assistance agreement with Covelong Beach Hotel (India) Ltd to run the hotel.
In September 2010, the hotel was rebranded and renamed as Vivanta by Taj—Fisherman's Cove, Chennai.
- A 10,000 sq ft (9 sq m) swimming pool, including a sunken bar and a children's pool.
- A fitness centre, with facilities for aromatic oil massages and chill showers.
- A 4,000 sq ft pillar-less hall named 'Casuarina', with a capacity of 300.
- A business center.
- A 3,000 sq ft main banquet hall.
- Facilities for recreation, including aquatics, tennis, etc.
- A Shopping arcade.
- Travel Desk Facility available
- "Fisherman's Cove is a beach resort". Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Category : 5 Star Delux". List of Approved Hotels as of : 06/01/2013. Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 6 Jan 2013.
- "Fisherman's Cove built on what??!!". Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Fun in the sun". The Hindu. Hyderabad: The Hindu. 21 May 2003. Retrieved 4 Jul 2012.
- George, Susan (2003). "The Potporurri Highway". Business Traveller India.com. Indian Express Group. Retrieved 4 Jul 2012.
- "Indian Hotels Company Ltd.—Company History". The Economic Times. Chennai: The Times Group. n.d. Retrieved 5 Jan 2013.
- "19 Taj Hotels migrate to a new brand" (PDF). Introducing a brand new signature in hospitality: Vivanta Hotels & Resorts by Taj. Taj Hotels. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-09-23. Retrieved 6 Oct 2012.
- "Fisherman's Cove's distance from Chennai". Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Fisherman's Cove and Covelong Beach". Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Fisherman's Cove nearby Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram". Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Facilities at the Fisherman's Cove". Retrieved 21 Apr 2009.
- "Brochure of Fisherman's Cove" (PDF). Retrieved 13 May 2012.