From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fission in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fission, a splitting of something into two or more parts, may refer to:
- Fission (biology), the subdivision of a cell or multi-cellular body into one or more parts and the regeneration of each part into a complete individual
- Loop fission, a computer science concept
- Nuclear fission, where a large atomic nucleus (such as that of uranium) is split into two (or sometimes more) smaller nuclei
- Another name for secession, the process whereby a nation-state divides into multiple states
- Singlet fission, in spectroscopy
- Fission (album), a 1997 release by Jens Johansson
- Fission (band), a Swedish death metal band
- Melodic fission, a phenomenon in music theory
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fission.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.