Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
|Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise|
|Director(s)||Nobuhiro Suzuki |
|Series||Fist of the North Star|
|Genre(s)||Action-adventure, beat 'em up|
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise[a] is an action-adventure video game for the PlayStation 4, developed and published by Sega. It is based on the manga franchise Fist of the North Star by Buronson and Tetsuo Hara. It was released in Japan on March 8, 2018 and worldwide on October 2, 2018.
Lost Paradise is an action-adventure game played from a third-person perspective. It features similar gameplay mechanics and systems to Sega's Yakuza series. Players explore the city of Eden, fighting through enemy encounters in a beat 'em up gameplay style, punctuated by quick time events. There are various mini-games, such as bartending, baseball, racing, and retro games that can be played after being salvaged from the wastelands, such as Hokuto no Ken for the Master System, Space Harrier, OutRun and Super Hang-On.
The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic alternate timeline Earth. After a nuclear war, the oceans have dried up. Kenshiro, a successor of the martial art Hokuto Shinken, was defeated by Shin, who proceeded to kidnap his fiancée, Yuria. Kenshiro thus travels through the wastelands to find his beloved. He eventually hears rumors that a woman called Yuria could be found in the city of Eden - he makes his way to Eden to find Yuria.
Lost Paradise was announced on August 26, 2017 for PlayStation 4. Studio head Toshihiro Nagoshi elaborated that the title would not make use of their new Dragon Engine, developed for Yakuza 6, as the development team was composed of largely new staff, who were not used to the more demanding tools of the Dragon Engine.
The Japanese voice cast features many of the actors from the Yakuza series portraying characters analogous to those they played in previous Yakuza titles, such as Kazuma Kiryu voice actor Takaya Kuroda playing Kenshiro. The worldwide release of the game includes an English dub, making it the studio's second game since the original Yakuza and Binary Domain to feature one. The worldwide release also includes an option to increase the amount of in-game gore that is exhibited on screen. It is also the first Fist of the North Star game since the first Ken's Rage to have an English dub, as Ken's Rage 2 did not have one due to budget constraints.
- "Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise ATATATATAs West this Fall". Destructoid. June 15, 2018. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Sal Romano (August 29, 2017). "Toshihiro Nagoshi Explains Hokuto Ga Gotoku Will Not Use Dragon ngine". Gematsu. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Jennifer Sherman (February 28, 2018). "Hokuto ga Gotoku's Live-Action Ad Features Takayuki Yamada as Kenshirō". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Eric Frederiksen (June 15, 2018). "Come see the sights of E3 2018 with our show-floor tour". Techno Buffalo. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Cory Arnold (February 28, 2018). "Famitsu review scores: Hokuto ga Gotoku, the Fist of the North Star game from Sega's Yakuza team, is a hit with critics". Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Giuseppe Nelva (March 14, 2018). "Hokuto Ga Gotoku Finally Dethrones Monster Hunter World in Japan According to Media Create". DualShockers. Retrieved June 23, 2018.