Fiston Mwanza Mujila
Fiston Mwanza Mujila
Fiston Mwanza Mujila in 2015
|Born||1981 (age 38–39)|
Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
|Notable awards||Etisalat Prize for Literature (2015)|
In 2014, Mujila's debut novel, Tram 83, was published by Éditions Métailié to considerable acclaim. In autumn 2015, an English translation (by Roland Glasser) of Tram 83 was published by Deep Vellum Publishing in Dallas, Texas, and received widespread praise. This translation was also published by Jacaranda Books in the UK and Scribe in Australia and New Zealand. Other translations of Tram 83 have appeared in Italian, Catalan, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish and German. Mujila lives in Graz, Austria.
The 2015 Etisalat Prize for Literature was awarded to Mujila on 19 March 2016 for Tram 83, having earlier been announced on the longlist for the Man Booker International Prize, and awarded the Grand Prix of Literary Associations (Belles-Lettres Category) on 26 February 2016. He won the German International Literature Award for Tram 83.
- Le Fleuve dans le Ventre / Der Fluß im Bauch, poèmes, bilingual edn, translated into German by Ludwig Hartinger, published in Ottensheim an der Donau, Austria by Édition Thanhäuser, 2013, 114 pp. (ISBN 978-3-900986-79-7)
- Tram 83, Novel, Deep Vellum Publishing (Dallas), 2015, 224 pp. (ISBN 1941920047)
- Et les moustiques sont des fruits à pépins and Te voir dressé sur tes deux pattes ne fait que mettre de l’huile au feu, Play, Manage, Belgique, Éditions Lansman, 2015, 86 pp. (39 & 36) (ISBN 978-2-8071-0046-6)
- Sabine Peschel (20 June 2017). "International Literature Award goes to Fiston Mwanza Mujila's 'Tram 83'". DW. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- Camille de Marcilly. "Fiston Mwanza Mujila : "Les mots comme des notes"". La Libre Belgique. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Pierre Lepidi. "Fiston Mwanza Mujila, le musicien des mots". Le Monde. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Powers, John. "An Exuberantly Dark First Novel Explores The Chaos Of Central Africa". NPR.org. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "Fiston Mwanza Mujila wins 2015 Etisalat Prize for Tram 83", Books Live, 19 March 2016.
- "The Man Booker International Prize 2016 Longlist Announced" Archived 2016-03-10 at the Wayback Machine, The Man Booker Prize, 10 March 2016.
- "Congolese Novel Longlisted For Man Booker Prize 2016", The Voice, 11 March 2016.
- Source: Fiston Mwanza Mujila's Publisher's website: Métailié.
- Tristan Guilloux. "Le Fleuve dans le ventre de Fiston Mwanza Mujila". africultures.com. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Philippe Manche (25 September 2014). ""Tram 83", un bar de nuit qui vit et qui vibre". Le Soir. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Michel Abescat - Telerama n° 3377. "Tram 83 - livre de Fiston Mwanza Mujila". Télérama.fr. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fiston Mwanza Mujila.|