Fitch H. Beach Airport
|Fitch H. Beach Airport|
|Owner||City of Charlotte/City Manager|
|Elevation AMSL||891 ft / 272 m|
Fitch H. Beach Airport (ICAO: KFPK, FAA LID: FPK) is a city-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) northeast of the central business district of Charlotte, a city in Eaton County, Michigan, United States. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a local general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Fitch H. Beach Airport covers an area of 190 acres (77 ha) at an elevation of 891 feet (272 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 2/20 is 3,500 by 75 feet (1,067 x 23 m) with a concrete surface; 14/32 is 2,318 by 100 feet (707 x 30 m) with a turf surface. Runway 14/32 is closed from December through March, and also when snow-covered. The airport is staffed daily from 8AM until dusk.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2008, the airport had 5,600 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 15 per day. At that time there were 24 aircraft based at this airport: 79% single-engine, 17% multi-engine and 4% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for FPK ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. effective 8 April 2010.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Charlotte, Michigan - Fitch H. Beach Airport (ICAO: KFPK, FAA: FPK)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- Charlotte Air Services, the fixed-base operator (FBO)
- "Fitch H. Beach Muni (FPK)" (PDF). (54.4 KB) at Michigan DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of 13 April 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for FPK, effective November 8, 2018
- Resources for this airport: