From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fitting in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fitting can refer to:
- A dress fitting.
- Any machine component, piping or tubing part that can attach or connect two or more larger parts. For examples, see coupling, compression fitting, piping and plumbing fittings and pipe fitting.
- The process of applying regression analysis to data. This method is sometimes called line-fitting or curve fitting depending on the result.
- The process of cutting and shaping parts on a custom, craft-production basis to cause them to fit together into an assembly with the proper engineering fit.
- Preprocessing of data for data mining or other parsing.
- Mathematical concepts named after Hans Fitting such as Fitting subgroup, Fitting length, Fitting lemma, Fitting ideal, and Fitting's theorem.
- Light socket or lamp fitting.
- An element of a tantrum, seizure or any other sudden occurrence of a symptom or unusual behaviour.
- Fitting Group, an advertising agency based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Persons with the surname Fitting
- Andrea Fitting, founder and CEO of Fitting Group
- Édouard Fitting (1898–1945), a Swiss fencer
- Emma Fitting (1900–1986), a Swiss fencer
- Frédéric Fitting (1902–date of death unknown), a Swiss fencer
- Hans Fitting (1906–1938), a German mathematician
- Willy Fitting (1925–), a Swiss fencer
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fitting.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.