Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up fitting in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fitting can refer to:
- A dress fitting.
- Any machine component, piping or tubing part that can attach or connect two or more larger parts. For examples, see coupling, compression fitting, piping and plumbing fittings and pipe fitting.
- A furniture fitting is any furniture component having a functional use
- The process of applying regression analysis to data. This method is sometimes called line-fitting or curve fitting depending on the result.
- The process of cutting and shaping parts on a custom, craft-production basis to cause them to fit together into an assembly with the proper engineering fit
- Preprocessing of data for data mining or other parsing.
- Mathematical concepts named after Hans Fitting such as Fitting subgroup, Fitting length, Fitting lemma, Fitting ideal, and Fitting's theorem.
- Light socket or lamp fitting.
- An element of a tantrum, seizure or any other sudden occurrence of a symptom or unusual behaviour
Persons with the surname Fitting
- Andrea Fitting, founder and CEO of Fitting Group
- Édouard Fitting (1898–1945), a Swiss fencer
- Emma Fitting (1900–1986), a Swiss fencer
- Frédéric Fitting (1902–date of death unknown), a Swiss fencer
- Hans Fitting (1906–1938), a German mathematician
- Willy Fitting (1925–), a Swiss fencer
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fitting.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.