From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (August 2016)|
- 30 August 1937 – Opened as Rayleigh Council Senior School with 412 pupils registered.
- 19 November 1937 – Official opening ceremony performed by John W. Burrows J.P., Chairman of the Southend Higher Education Committee
- 10 April 1945 – After the Second World War the school re-opened as a secondary modern school with a new name ‘Rayleigh County Secondary School’ with an extended catchment of 11- to 15-year-olds.
- 1964 – Home Economics block was built.
- 5 September 1967 - School re-opened as a comprehensive school, with about 1,003 pupils registered.
- 1 March 2015 - School becomes an academy.