|Headteacher||Mr Jonathan Dennett|
|DfE URN||123257 Tables|
|Colours||Blue, White and Gold|
Fitzharrys School, is a coeducational secondary school and sixth form located in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, in England. There are about 650 students attending. The headteacher since January 2011 is Jonathan Dennett who took over from Susan Tranter. The school emblem that adorns the gateway and uniform badges depicts three Harriers on a light blue background.
It is a community school administered by Oxfordshire County Council. Since 2005, Fitzharrys School has held the status of a specialist school for technology. The specialist school status is a joint partnership between the three state secondary schools in Abingdon: Fitzharrys, John Mason School and Larkmead School. As part of the change in status and increased funding many new investments have been made.
Notable former pupils
- Kate Garraway (Former GMTV and now Daybreak presenter) attended the school.
- Professor Kathy Sykes, Collier Chair For Public Engagement in Science and Engineering at the University of Bristol studied at Fitzharrys.
- "New Headteacher". Fitzharrys.oxon.sch.uk. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "TV presenter goes back to school (From Oxford Mail)". Oxfordmail.co.uk. 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "The Times". Timesonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-03-30.(subscription required)
|This Oxfordshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|