Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fitzroy or FitzRoy is an Anglo-Norman name originally meaning "son of the king". In several cases, this surname was used by an illegitimate son (or daughter) of a king and is still borne by their descendants. It may refer to:
As a given name
- Several members of the Somerset family (Dukes of Beaufort) have this as a middle-name:
- FitzRoy Somerset, 1st Baron Raglan (1788–1855)
- Henry Charles FitzRoy Somerset, 8th Duke of Beaufort (1824–1899)
- Henry Adelbert Wellington FitzRoy Somerset, 9th Duke of Beaufort (1847–1924)
- Henry Hugh Arthur FitzRoy Somerset, 10th Duke of Beaufort (1900–1984)
- Henry FitzRoy Somerset, 12th Duke of Beaufort (born 1952), called Bunter Worcester
- Fitzroy Alexander (1926–1988), better known as Lord Melody, a calypsonian from Trinidad
As a surname
Descendants of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- Lady Anne Fitzroy, Countess of Sussex (1661–1722), daughter of King Charles II of England and Barbara Palmer, 1st Duchess of Cleveland
- Charles FitzRoy, 2nd Duke of Cleveland (1662–1730), son of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- William FitzRoy, 3rd Duke of Cleveland (1698–1774), his son and last of the Cleveland-Southampton line
- Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton (1663–1690), son of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- and the Dukes of Grafton and their families, including:
- Charles FitzRoy, 2nd Duke of Grafton (1683–1757), Irish and English politician
- Augustus FitzRoy, 3rd Duke of Grafton (1735–1811), British Prime Minister
- Charles FitzRoy, 1st Baron Southampton (1737–1797), a grandson of the 2nd Duke
- Charles Augustus FitzRoy (1796–1858), British military officer and Governor of New South Wales, grandson of the 3rd Duke
- Robert FitzRoy (1805–1865), British naval officer, captain of HMS Beagle, meteorologist, surveyor, hydrographer, and Governor of New Zealand, another grandson of the 3rd Duke
- George FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Northumberland (1665–1716), son of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- Lady Barbara FitzRoy (1672–1731), youngest daughter of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- Matilda FitzRoy, Duchess of Brittany, illegitimate daughter of Henry I of England by unnamed mistress
- Matilda FitzRoy, Countess of Perche (d. 1120), illegitimate daughter of Henry I of England by Edith
- Matilda FitzRoy, Abbess of Montvilliers (c. 1102 – c. 1172), daughter of Henry I of England and Isabel de Beaumont
- Richard FitzRoy (c. 1190 – June 1246), son of John Lackland, King of England
- Adam FitzRoy (d. 18 Sept. 1322), illegitimate son of Edward II of England
- Philip FitzRoy (d. 1220), illegitimate son of Richard I of England
- Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Richmond and Somerset (1519–1536), son of Henry VIII of England and Elizabeth Blount
- Nancy Deloye Fitzroy (b. October 5, 1927), American engineer and former president of the ASME.
- Trevor Fitzroy, a Marvel Comics and X-Men villain
- Daisy Fitzroy, leader of the Vox Populi in Bioshock Infinite
- Monte Fitz Roy, also known as Cerro Chaltén
- Fitz Roy, Santa Cruz, a town and municipality in southern Argentina.
- Fitzroy Crossing, a town in Western Australia
- Fitzroy, Victoria, a suburb of Melbourne
- Fitzroy, South Australia, a suburb of Adelaide
- Electoral district of Fitzroy (Queensland), an abolished state electorate in Queensland
- Electoral district of Fitzroy (Victoria), an abolished state electorate in Victoria
- Fitzroy County one of the cadastral divisions of New South Wales
- Fitzroy Island National Park, Queensland
- Fitzroy Islands (Tasmania)
- Fitzroy River (Queensland), in Central Queensland
- Fitzroy Square, in London
- FitzRoy, a sea area in the British Shipping Forecast; see Robert FitzRoy#Memorials
United States of America
- HMS Fitzroy, more than one British ship of the Royal Navy
- Fitzroy Football Club, an Australian rules football club in Victoria, Australia.
- Fitzroy Football Club (South Australia), a current Australian rules football club in South Australia.
- Fitzroy Bulldogs, a proposed Australian rules football club in Victoria, Australia.
- Fitzroy Stars Football Club, an Australian rules football club in Victoria, Australia.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fitzroy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.