Fitzroy or FitzRoy is an Anglo-Norman name originally meaning "son of the king" (a corruption of the French fils du roi). In several cases, this surname was used by an illegitimate son (or daughter) of a king and is still borne by their descendants. It may refer to:
As a given name
- Several members of the Somerset family (Dukes of Beaufort) have this as a middle-name:
- FitzRoy Somerset, 1st Baron Raglan (1788–1855) was the eighth and youngest son the 5th Duke of Beaufort
- Henry Charles FitzRoy Somerset, 8th Duke of Beaufort (1824–1899) was the only son of the 7th Duke
- Henry Adelbert Wellington FitzRoy Somerset, 9th Duke of Beaufort (1847–1924) was the eldest son of the 8th Duke
- Henry Hugh Arthur FitzRoy Somerset, 10th Duke of Beaufort (1900–1984) was the only son of the 9th Duke
- Henry FitzRoy Somerset, 12th Duke of Beaufort (born 1952), called Bunter Worcester, is the current (12th) Duke of Beaufort, and a descendent of the 8th Duke
- Henry Robert FitzRoy Somerset, Marquess of Worcester (born 1989), called Bobby Worcester, is Bunter's elder son
- Fitzroy Alexander (1926–1988), better known as Lord Melody, was a popular calypsonian from Trinidad.
As a surname
Descendants of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- Lady Anne Fitzroy, Countess of Sussex (1661–1722), daughter of King Charles II of England and Barbara Palmer, 1st Duchess of Cleveland
- Charles FitzRoy, 2nd Duke of Cleveland (1662–1730), son of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- William FitzRoy, 3rd Duke of Cleveland (1698–1774), his son and last of the Cleveland-Southampton line
- Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Grafton (1663–1690), son of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- and the Dukes of Grafton and their families, including:
- Charles FitzRoy, 2nd Duke of Grafton (1683–1757), Irish and English politician
- Augustus FitzRoy, 3rd Duke of Grafton (1735–1811), British Prime Minister
- Charles FitzRoy, 1st Baron Southampton (1737–1797), a grandson of the 2nd Duke
- Charles Augustus FitzRoy (1796–1858), British military officer and Governor of New South Wales, grandson of the 3rd Duke
- Robert FitzRoy (1805–1865), British naval officer, captain of HMS Beagle, meteorologist, surveyor, hydrographer, and Governor of New Zealand, another grandson of the 3rd Duke
- George FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Northumberland (1665–1716), son of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- Lady Barbara FitzRoy (1672–1731), youngest daughter of Charles II and Barbara Palmer
- Matilda FitzRoy, Duchess of Brittany, illegitimate daughter of Henry I of England by unnamed mistress
- Matilda FitzRoy, Countess of Perche (d. 1120), illegitimate daughter of Henry I of England by Edith
- Matilda FitzRoy, Abbess of Montvilliers (c. 1102 – c. 1172), daughter of Henry I of England and Isabel de Beaumont
- Richard FitzRoy (c. 1190 – June 1246), son of John Lackland, King of England
- Adam FitzRoy (d. 18 Sept. 1322), illegitimate son of Edward II of England
- Philip FitzRoy (d. 1220), illegitimate son of Richard I of England
- Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Richmond and Somerset (1519–1536), son of Henry VIII of England and Elizabeth Blount
- Nancy Deloye Fitzroy (b. October 5, 1927), American engineer and former president of the ASME.
- Trevor Fitzroy, a Marvel Comics and X-Men villain
- Daisy Fitzroy, leader of the Vox Populi in Bioshock Infinite
- Monte Fitz Roy, also known as Cerro Chaltén
- Fitz Roy, Santa Cruz, a town and municipality in southern Argentina.
- Fitzroy Crossing, a town in Western Australia
- Fitzroy, Victoria, a suburb of Melbourne
- Fitzroy, South Australia, a suburb of Adelaide
- Electoral district of Fitzroy (Queensland), an abolished state electorate in Queensland
- Electoral district of Fitzroy (Victoria), an abolished state electorate in Victoria
- Fitzroy County one of the cadastral divisions of New South Wales
- Fitzroy Island National Park, Queensland
- Fitzroy Islands (Tasmania)
- Fitzroy River (Queensland), in Central Queensland
United States of America
- HMS Fitzroy, more than one British ship of the Royal Navy
- Fitzroy Football Club, an Australian rules football club in Victoria, Australia.
- Fitzroy Football Club (South Australia), a current Australian rules football club in South Australia.
- Fitzroy Bulldogs, a proposed Australian rules football club in Victoria, Australia.
- Fitzroy Stars Football Club, an Australian rules football club in Victoria, Australia.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fitzroy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.