|Directed by||Onur Ünlü|
|Written by||Onur Ünlü|
|Distributed by||Tiglon Film|
Five Cities (Turkish: Beş Şehir) is a 2010 Turkish drama film, written, produced and directed by Onur Ünlü, about a young policeman just arrived in Istanbul who falls in love with a woman in a candy shop. The film, which went on nationwide general release across Turkey on April 9, 2010 , won awards at film festivals in Antalya and Istanbul and has been described as, an absurd poetic tale of five seemingly unrelated people’s lives.
Aydın is a policeman recently appointed to a new post in Istanbul. While trying to get used to life in the big city, Aydın stumbles upon Mehtap, a young woman who works at a candy shop in Beyoğlu, and he falls for her. But there is no way that Aydın can make Mehtap realize that he even exists, just as Şevket, a young man who has dropped out of law school before starting to sell toy trains on the streets to make a living, cannot make Dilek, another girl who works at the same store, realize his feelings for her. When Dilek and Aydın meet, Aydın diverts his uncontrollable feelings toward Dilek.
- 46th Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival (October 10–17, 2009)
- 29th International Istanbul Film Festival (April 3–18, 2010)
Emine Yıdırım, writing in Today's Zaman, describes the film as, an ensemble cast piece of intertwined stories of the Robert Altman School. The same publication has also described the film as absurd poetic tale of five seemingly unrelated people's lives intertwining in a most interesting way.
- 46th Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival Best Screenplay Award: Onur Ünlü (won)
- 29th International Istanbul Film Festival Best Actor Award: Tansu Biçer (won)
- "'Vavien,' 'The Misfortunates' get top awards at İstanbul fest". Today's Zaman. 2010-04-19. Archived from the original on 2012-10-07. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "This week in theaters". Today's Zaman. 2010-04-10. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "BES SEHIR". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Emerging directors dominate Golden Orange competition". Today's Zaman. 2009-09-16. Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- Yıdırım, Emine (2010-04-04). "İstanbul Film Festival -- Oh yes, it's finally that time of the year!". Today's Zaman. Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Reha Erdem, İnan Temelkuran share top Golden Orange award". Today's Zaman. 2009-10-19. Retrieved 2010-08-08.