Five Forks, South Carolina
Five Forks, South Carolina
|• Total||7.6 sq mi (19.7 km2)|
|• Land||7.6 sq mi (19.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||876 ft (267 m)|
|• Density||1,868/sq mi (721.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1222418|
Five Forks is a census-designated place (CDP) in Greenville County, South Carolina, United States. The population was 14,140 at the 2010 census, up from 8,064 at the 2000 census. It is a growing, affluent suburb of Greenville and is part of the Greenville–Mauldin–Easley Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Five Forks is located in eastern Greenville County at  It is 11 miles (18 km) east of the Downtown Greenville.(34.805912, -82.230346).
As of the census of 2010, there were 14,140 people and 4,630 households residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,860.5 people per square mile (721.4/km2). There were 4,805 housing units at an average density of 632.2/sq mi (245.2/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 87.5% White, 5.5% African American, 0.2% Native American, 4.4% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 1.0% some other race, and 1.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.2% of the population.
There were 4,630 households, out of which 53.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 78.3% were headed by married couples living together, 6.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 13.1% were non-families. 11.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 3.1% were someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.05, and the average family size was 3.31.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 33.3% under the age of 18, 4.4% from 18 to 24, 27.8% from 25 to 44, 27.5% from 45 to 64, and 6.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37.3 years. For every 100 females, there were 97.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.6 males.
For the period 2011–15, the estimated median annual income for a household in the CDP was $115,050, and $120,139 for families. Male full-time workers had a median income of $86,543 versus $53,879 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $43,114. About 1.3% of families and 1.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.3% of those under age 18 and 1.9% of those age 65 or over.
Fire and Safety
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Five Forks CDP, South Carolina". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved February 13, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[dead link]
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (DP-1): Five Forks CDP, South Carolina". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved February 13, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Selected Economic Characteristics: 2011-2015 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates (DP03): Five Forks CDP, South Carolina". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved February 13, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Locations & Hours". Greenville County Library System. Retrieved 8 June 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Clear Spring Fire & Rescue". South Carolina Volunteer Firefighters. Retrieved 2019-07-19.