Five Go to Billycock Hill
|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Illustrator||Eileen A. Soper|
|Series||The Famous Five series|
|Genre||Mystery, Adventure novel|
|Publisher||Hodder & Stoughton|
|Media type||Print (hardcover and paperback)|
|Preceded by||Five on a Secret Trail|
|Followed by||Five Get Into A Fix|
The Five are camping again, this time on Billycock Hill, which is near the farm of Toby, a boy and thought he was a hero. When Jeff, a British Air Force pilot, flies off late in a stormy night with the newest aeroplane which is full of secrets, the Five are stunned. The media claims Jeff has flown away and people think he is a traitor. Could Jeff really be a spy? The Five and Toby disagree - Jeff had always seemed to be a trustworthy man
- Timmy the dog
- Toby - an amusing boy from Julian and Dick's school
- Mrs Thomas - Toby's mother, a kind and hard working farmers wife
- Mr Thomas - farmer and dad to Toby
- Benny - Toby's smaller brother, a funny little boy who has a pet pig, Curly
- Jeff - Toby's cousin, the pilot, who Toby is so proud of. He vanishes one stormy night
- Ray - another pilot who also vanishes
- Mr Gringle - the strange and absent-minded owner of the Butterfly Farm
- Mr Brent - business partner of Mr Gringle
- Will Janes - a criminal who lives at the Butterfly Farm. He used to do odd jobs before he fell in with the wrong crowd.
- Mrs Janes - a poor witch-like woman who is attacked by her son Will
|This article about a children's novel of the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.