Five Horse Johnson
|This article does not cite any sources. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Five Horse Johnson|
|Origin||Toledo, Ohio, United States|
|Labels||Small Stone Records|
Five Horse Johnson is an American blues rock band from Toledo, Ohio, formed in 1995. They have toured with such popular groups as Clutch and Halfway to Gone. The band combines hard rock, blues and other influences into a blend of stoner rock/blues music they call their own. Their second to latest album The Mystery Spot featured many special guests including drummer Jean-Paul Gaster from Clutch; on a related note they have played a worldwide tour with Clutch and Dub Trio.
Eric Oblander was featured on the Clutch album From Beale Street to Oblivion.
After a bit of a hiatus, Five Horse Johnson have regrouped. They played some European shows in mid-2011 and released the album "The Taking of Black Heart" release through Small Stone Records on 13 November 2012.
- Blues for Henry… (1996)
- Double Down (1997)
- Fat Black Pussy Cat (1999)
- The No. 6 Dance (2001)
- The Last Men on Earth (2003)
- The Mystery Spot (2006)
- The Taking of Black Heart (2013)
- Jake Leg Boogie (2017)
- Sucking the 70s, Vol. I covering Never In My Life by Mountain.
- Sucking the 70s, Vol. II: Back in the Saddle Again covering Red Hot Mama with Clutch by Funkadelic.
- From Beale Street to Oblivion (Disc 2, live) covering You Gonna Wreck My Life with Clutch by Howlin' Wolf.
- Eric Oblander - vocals/harmonica
- Brad Coffin - guitar/vocals
- Steve Smith - bass
- Phil Dürr - guitar
- Tim Gahagan - drums