Five Little Speckled Frogs
(Redirected from Five little speckled frogs)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The above musical notation shows one variant of the song.
- Five little speckled frogs
- Sat on a speckled log
- Eating the most delicious bugs (yum yum)
- One jumped into the pool
- Where it was nice and cool
- Then there were four green speckled frogs. (glup glup)
The verse is then repeated with one fewer frog each time. The final verse ends "Then there were no green speckled frogs."
- Line #1: By show of fingers hold up the number of frogs sitting on the log.
- Line #2: Draw in your hands close to your chest and curl your fingers downward, facing the floor as though you are a frog perched atop a log.
- Line #3: Mimic eating while you sing 'Eating some most delicious bugs', then rub your belly delightfully while singing 'yum, yum!'.
- Line #4: Hold one finger up to represent the frog who fell off the log.
- Line #5: Pretend to fall over.
- Line #6: By a show of fingers, hold up the number of frogs still remaining on the log while singing "Now there are four green speckled frogs". Upon singing "(glup, glup)", repeat the same movement as in the second line except look upward as though you were a frog underneath water.
- "Five Little Speckled Frogs | Counting and Math Rhymes | Traditional | Lit2Go ETC". etc.usf.edu. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- This was transcribed as heard sung by a little girl on a public bus in Cambridge, UK, January 2017.
- Lorina. "Five Little Speckled Frogs – Aussie Childcare Network". Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- "Five Little Speckled Frogs".