Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up fixation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fixation may refer to:
- Fixation (psychology), the state in which an individual becomes obsessed with an attachment to another human, an animal, or an inanimate object
- Fixation (alchemy), a process in the alchemical magnum opus
- Fixation (histology) in biochemistry, histology, cell biology and pathology, the technique of preserving a specimen for microscopic study
- Fixation (population genetics), the state when every individual in a population has the same allele at a particular locus
- Fixation (surgical), an operative technique in orthopedics
- Fixation (visual) maintaining the gaze in a constant direction
- Fixation in Canadian copyright law, a concept in Canadian copyright law
- Fixation agent, a process chemical
- Carbon fixation, a biochemical process, usually driven by photosynthesis, whereby carbon dioxide is converted into organic compounds
- Nitrogen fixation, a process by which nitrogen is converted from its inert molecular form to a compound more readily available and useful to living organisms
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fixation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.