|Look up fixation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fixation may refer to:
- Fixation (psychology), the state in which an individual becomes obsessed with an attachment to another human, an animal, or an inanimate object
- Fixation (alchemy), a process in the alchemical magnum opus
- Fixation (histology) in biochemistry, histology, cell biology and pathology, the technique of preserving a specimen for microscopic study
- Fixation (population genetics), the state when every individual in a population has the same allele at a particular locus
- Fixation (surgical), an operative technique in orthopedics
- Fixation (visual) maintaining the gaze in a constant direction
- Fixation in Canadian copyright law, a concept in Canadian copyright law
- Fixation agent, a process chemical
- Carbon fixation, a biochemical process, usually driven by photosynthesis, whereby carbon dioxide is converted into organic compounds
- Nitrogen fixation, a process by which nitrogen is converted from its inert molecular form to a compound more readily available and useful to living organisms
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fixation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.