From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fixative or fixatives in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A fixative is a stabilizing or preservative agent:
- Dye fixatives or mordants, are chemical substances used in processing fabrics to create circumstances in the micro-substrates causing dye molecules to adhere and remain that way.
- Fixative (drawing), a liquid usually sprayed over a finished piece of artwork to better preserve it and prevent smudging
- Fixation (histology), a solution used to preserve or harden fresh tissue of cell specimens for microscopic examination
- Fixative (perfumery), a substance used to reduce the evaporation rate and improve stability when added to more volatile components
- Embalming chemicals, a variety of preservatives, sanitising and disinfectant agents, and additives used in modern embalming
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fixative.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.