|Full name||Flávio da Conceição|
|Date of birth||12 June 1974|
|Place of birth||Santa Maria da Serra, Brazil|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|1996–2000||Deportivo La Coruña||97||(9)|
|2003–2004||→ Borussia Dortmund (loan)||14||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Santa Maria da Serra, São Paulo, Conceição began his career with Rio Branco Esporte Clube in 1992. He then joined Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras a year later, and racked up over 100 first-team appearances during his spell. This caught the attention of Spanish club Deportivo de La Coruña, who paid €5.2 million for him after the 1996 Summer Olympics.
Playing alongside compatriot Mauro Silva in central midfield, Conceição gradually developed into a key force in the Galicians' rise in Spanish football, as he scored four goals in 27 games in the team's 1999–2000 league conquest. This led to a 2000 move to fellow La Liga side Real Madrid, worth €26 million.
Although he appeared sparingly, Conceição did win two league titles and the 2001–02 edition of the UEFA Champions League – in that competition, he set up Steve McManaman for the closing 2–0 semi-final win against FC Barcelona at the Camp Nou. He spent the 2003–04 campaign on loan to Borussia Dortmund, where he was also irregularly played.
In the summer of 2004, Conceição moved to Turkey's Galatasaray SK. In his first and only season he won the Turkish Cup but failed to make the Champions League, thus activating a clause in his contract which allowed him to leave, and he signed for Panathinaikos F.C. of Greece.
Afflicted with injuries and loss of form, Conceição was released and retired at the age of 32.
Conceição earned 44 caps for Brazil and scored four goals, and was part of the nation's 1997 and 1999 Copa América-winning sides. He was also picked for two FIFA Confederations Cup tournaments, making four appearances in the 1997 edition for the eventual champions.
- "When La Liga was just as unpredictable as this season's Premier League". The Guardian. 12 February 2016. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "El Madrid intenta tapar con el fichaje de Flavio Conceiçao la marcha de Redondo" [Madrid try to compensate Redondo departure with signing of Flavio Conceiçao]. El País (in Spanish). 1 August 2000. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Madrid magic beats Barcelona". UEFA.com. 24 April 2002. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Nur Flavio Conceicao macht Borussia Dortmund Mut" [Only Flavio Conceicao emboldens Borussia Dortmund]. Die Welt (in German). 4 August 2003. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Leihen und sparen" [Loaning and saving]. Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (in German). 29 January 2004. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Lembra dele? Corte na Copa de 98 ainda incomoda Flávio Conceição" [Remember him? 98 Cup cut still bothers Flávio Conceição] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 15 January 2013. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Copa América 1997". RSSSF. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Copa América 1999". RSSSF. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- Flávio Conceição – FIFA competition record