There are many small islands in Scotland called Flodday (Scots Gaelic: Flodaigh) or similar and this list provides a guide to their location. The derivation of the name is from the Old Norse floti meaning 'raft' or 'float'. The similar island names Fladda and Flotta are also from the Norse flatr and mean 'flat island'. Usage is not always consistent in external sources.
Lewis near Great Bernera/Beàrnaraigh
- Flodaigh, Lewis ( ), in inner Loch Roag, Lewis, opposite the hamlet of Cairisiadar.
- Flodaigh, Outer Loch Ròg ( ), in outer Loch Roag, west of the islet of Hairsgeir and south of Bearasaigh.
- Flodday, Loch Maddy ( ), in Loch Maddy
- Flodaigh Beag (Floddaybeg) ( ) (the Gaelic meaning is 'small raft island') south east of North Uist.
- Flodaigh Mòr (Floddaymore) ( ) (the Gaelic meaning is 'big raft island'), south east of North Uist.
- Flodday, Sound of Barra ( ), which lies east of Fuiay/Fuidheigh to the north east of Barra.
- Flodday near Vatersay ( ), one mile west of Sandray in the Bishop's Isles south of Barra.
- Eilean Fladday ( ), on the north west coast of Raasay, just north of Arnish.
- Fladda ( ), an islet with a lighthouse south east of Belnahua in the Slate Islands.
- Fladda, Treshnish Isles ( ) in the Treshnish Isles.
- Staffin Island off the east coast of the Trotternish peninsula of Skye may have been known as Fladdaidh.
- Fladda-chùain ('flat island of The Minch') ( ), an island north of the Trotternish peninsula, Skye.
- Flotta ( ), an island in Scapa Flow, Orkney.
- Calf of Flotta ( ), an island also in Scapa Flow, near Flotta.
- Flotta ( ), an island in Weisdale Voe.
- Fladda ( ), an island north of the entrance to Hamna Voe, near the island of Muckle Ossa.
- Fladda (Mainland in the Ramna Stacks near the island of Gruney. ), an island north of the
- Haswell-Smith, Hamish (2004). The Scottish Islands. Edinburgh: Canongate. ISBN 978-1-84195-454-7.
- 1:50,000 (Map). Ordnance Survey.
- Iain Mac an Tàilleir. "Placenames" (PDF). Pàrlamaid na h-Alba. Archived from the original (pdf) on 10 April 2008. Retrieved 23 July 2010.
- Orkney placenames. Orkneyjar. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- General Register Office for Scotland (28 November 2003) Occasional Paper No 10: Statistics for Inhabited Islands Archived November 22, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved 22 Jan 2011.
- "Fladdaidh" Archived 2011-07-24 at the Wayback Machine. Staffin Community Trust. Retrieved 12 February 2011.