Flag of Sint Maarten
The flag of Sint Maarten is the national flag of Sint Maarten, a country within the Kingdom of the Netherlands occupying the southern half of the island of Saint Martin. The flag, designed by 17 year old Roselle Richardson, was officially adopted on 13 June 1985.
Design and symbolism
The design features a horizontal bicolour of red and blue with the coat of arms of Sint Maarten on a white chevron, thus incorporating the colours of the Dutch flag. The red symbolises solidarity and courage, the blue peace and assurance of pardon, and the white purity and faith. The flag is similar to the War Flag of the Philippines.
- Coat of arms of Sint Maarten
- Flag of Saint Martin (France)
- Flag of the Netherlands Antilles (Larger body to which Sint Maarten belonged until 2010.)
- "Museum Sint Maarten". Archived from the original on 2014-05-28. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- "The St. Maarten Flag was ratified 31 years ago". SoualigaPost.com. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Semper pro Grediens Sint-Maarten". www.inyourpocket.com. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- Dept., Editorial. "Flag Day - SXM". www.thedailyherald.sx. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Sint Maarten Flag description - Government". www.indexmundi.com. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
|This Caribbean flag–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Sint Maarten–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|