Flagstaff (Amtrak station)
|Location||1 East Route 66
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
|Owned by||City of Flagstaff|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2013)||40,390 1.5%|
Flagstaff Santa Fe station
|Architectural style||Tudor Revival|
|Part of||Railroad Addition Historic District (#83002989)|
|Designated CP||January 18, 1983|
The Flagstaff Amtrak station is located at 1 East Route 66 in Flagstaff, Arizona. The station, formerly the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway depot, doubles as a visitor center and is located in the midst of the shops, cafes, and boutiques of downtown Flagstaff. Northern Arizona University is located nearby, as are the Lowell Observatory (where Pluto was discovered), Sunset Crater, the Walnut Canyon National Monument, ski resorts, and other attractions.
AT&SF built the depot in 1926. The station's elevation is 6,902 feet (2,104 m) above sea level. Adjacent is the 1886 solid-red sandstone freight depot originally built by the Atlantic and Pacific Railroad. Both the former Santa Fe Depot, and the Atlantic and Pacific Depot that it replaced are contributing properties to the Railroad Addition Historic District.
- Southwest Chief
- Mountain Line city bus service
- Open Road Tours shuttle services to Phoenix, Camp Verde, Sedona, Oak Creek, Williams, and the Grand Canyon depart from the Amtrak station.
- Flagstaff Shuttle and Charter provides custom time private shuttles from Amtrak to the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and Snowbowl Ski Area.
- Greyhound operates intercity bus service from its nearby station
Some Greyhound and Open Road services may be booked through Amtrak.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, State of Arizona" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Staff (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Bruner, Betsey (July 15, 2010). "Landscape holds remnants of Flagstaff's railroad past". Arizona Daily Sun. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- Amtrak – Stations – Flagstaff, AZ
- Flagstaff Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- TrainWeb)
- Flagstaff (FLG)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This Arizona railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|