This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|FLAME - Foundation for Liberal and Management Education|
|Type||Private University anchored in Liberal Education|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Dishan Kamdar|
|Campus||60 acres (24 ha)|
|Colors||FLAME University Orange, FLAME University Yellow & FLAME University Blue|
FLAME University is a private, coeducational and fully residential liberal education university located in Pune, India. It was formerly known as FLAME - Foundation for Liberal and Management Education.
The academic leadership at the FLAME University is spearheaded by Vice-Chancellor, Dr. Dishan Kamdar. Professor Dishan Kamdar was previously the Deputy Dean, Academic Programmes & Professor of Organisational Behaviour at the Indian School of Business, the top ranked global business school in India.
Former Vice chancellor Dr. Devi Singh, who stepped down after a successful term at the helm, continues to play a leadership role as a member of the Governing Body.
- Undergraduate Programs -
- The FLAME Scholars Program -
- The one-year FLAME Scholars Program builds on the foundations laid in the undergraduate years. Research and scholarship in inter-disciplinary areas are an integral part of the program. This program is rooted in the liberal education ethos of FLAME University. The thrust of this program will be on mentorship, research and participatory learning. The program will build on the strengths of the undergraduate program and shall be a seamless extension of the same. After successful completion of the program requirements, the student is awarded a post-graduate diploma.
- Postgraduate Programs -
- FLAME Summer Immersion Program -
- The FLAME Summer Immersion Program is offered to high school students. This program offers high school students an opportunity to experience life in a liberal education University campus while strengthening their skills though a mix of academic and non-academic modules which provides a basis for a strong foundation to succeed in college and beyond.
- Executive Education Programs -
- The canvas of education at FLAME University encompasses development programs for educators, executives and other professionals. Embodying the FLAME University spirit and vision of creation, advancement and dissemination of knowledge, these programs aim to enhance participants' skill, knowledge, capacity and overall competence in education, management and allied areas. Integral to this endeavor is the FLAME Investment Lab.
- FLAME Investment Lab is structured keeping in mind our conviction that value investing is the only proven successful investment process that has delivered above market returns through various market cycles. It provides investors with various tools needed to form a temperamentally sound investment discipline. Additionally, it gives participants an opportunity to interact and learn from investment masters and understand their investment process.
FLAME University has mutually beneficial collaborations with leading international universities, reputed institutes and internationally acclaimed research bodies. These include:
- Nuffield College, University of Oxford: FLAME University signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Nuffield College, University of Oxford, currently ranked first in the world in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, as well as the Forbes's World University Rankings, that creates a collaborative Centre for Experimental Social Sciences at FLAME University, the first such research centre in India. The MoU provides for intensive collaboration between Nuffield College, University of Oxford and FLAME University on the training of young experimental social scientists in India. This unique collaboration gives an opportunity for Oxford scholars to cooperate with the community of social scientists in India. FLAME University students will also be able to attend research training programs at Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Wellesley College: Academic collaboration with Wellesley College, a private, women's liberal arts college, ranked the 3rd best national liberal arts college in the United States in 2017, that facilitates international academic exchange, develop academic and scientific relationships, and support collaborative research activities.
- Yale University: Association with Yale University, an American Ivy League research university, that allows FLAME University students to attend Yale's Summer Session Program. Official communication states that a senior team from Yale visited FLAME University recently exploring avenues to deepen the collaboration.
- Kelley School of Business, Indiana University Bloomington: Partnership with Kelley School of Business, ranked 9th for its Undergraduate Business Program according to US News & World Report, that includes study abroad programs, collaborative research, faculty exchange, executive education and curriculum development. The partnership is expected to extend to other areas as well.
- Babson College: Accepted as a member of the Babson Collaborative, an initiative by Babson College, a private business school in the United States consistently ranked as the number one college in entrepreneurship education for nearly three decades, to bring together educational institution from around the globe under one platform for the exchange of best practices in entrepreneurship education.
- Global Liberal Arts Alliance: FLAME University has accepted membership into the Global Liberal Arts Alliance. The Global Liberal Arts Alliance is an association of liberal arts colleges around the world. It was established in 2009. The goal of the consortium is to provide an international framework for cooperation among institutions. The goal of the consortium is to provide an international framework for cooperation among institutions.
- India Global Higher Education Alliance: FLAME is a Founding Member of this Alliance between prestigious autonomous universities in India and outside India. Other institutions include Columbia University, University of Cambridge, University of Hong Kong, Pomona College, Azim Premji University and MIT.
- Library of Mistakes: The University has announced its association with the Library of Mistakes, Edinburgh; a charitable venture founded to promote the study of financial history. This was the first ever international association of the Library of Mistakes, Edinburgh, founded by the renowned market historian, Russell Napier. The Library of Mistakes provides a resource for the study of mistakes made in the sphere of Business and finance, learning from the economic disasters of the past thereby improving financial understanding amongst professionals, students and the public.
- "FLAME University". FLAME University. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "Prof. Indira Parikh President, Foundation for Liberal and Management Education, Pune" (PDF). BAIF Development Research Foundation.
- "Undergraduate Programs". FLAME University.
- "Postgraduate Programs". FLAME University.
- "National Board of Accreditation". www.nbaind.org. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "FLAME University Announces Collaboration with Nuffield College in the University of Oxford, England". Business Wire India. The Telegraph. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "Collaboration between Nuffield College at the University of Oxford and the FLAME University allowing to create a branch of CESS in Pune, India – CESS Nuffield – Centre for Experimental Social Science". Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Correspondent, ST. "Centre for Experimental Social Sciences to come up in Pune | Sakal Times". sakaaltimes.com. Sakal Times. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "FLAME University and Wellesley College Commence Association". Wellesley College. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- "National Liberal Arts Colleges Rankings". US News. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "Wellesley College". Wellesley College. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "India's FLAME University begins association with Yale Summer Sessions". Yale News. Yale News. 21 March 2017. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- Vlahakis, George (26 April 2017). "IU Bloomington announces partnership with FLAME University in India". News at IU. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Best Undergraduate Business Programs Rankings". US News. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "FLAME University joins with Babson College to build and grow entrepreneurship education". The Hindu Business Line. 6 February 2017. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- Sportelli, Natalie. "Why Babson College Is The Best In The U.S. For International Students". Forbes. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "Member in the Global Liberal Arts Alliance". liberalartsalliance.org. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- Redden, Elizabeth. "A Global Liberal Arts Alliance". www.insidehighered.com. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- "College Board International Global Higher Education Alliance". Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- "FLAME University's library becomes first ever International branch of Library of Mistakes, Edinburgh". www.business-standard.com. ANI. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "'Rising dollar will make US Fed more cautious' | The Economic Times Video | ET Now". Economic Times. 1 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "Project: Flame University Campus - VSC Vastu Shilpa Consultants". The New York Times. Retrieved 7 March 2018.