Flaming Doctor Pepper
|May be served flaming|
|Primary alcohol by volume|
|Standard drinkware||A pub glass and a shot glass.|
|Commonly used ingredients|
|Preparation||Layer the two spirits in the shot glass, with the high-proof liquor on top. Light the shot and allow it to burn; then extinguish it by dropping it into the beer glass. Drink immediately.|
It is usually made by filling a shot glass with 3 parts Amaretto and 1 part high-proof liquor, such as Everclear or Bacardi 151. The two liquors are not mixed; the high-proof alcohol is layered on top of the Amaretto. The shot is then set on fire and dropped into a glass half-filled with beer. The flames are extinguished by the beer, and the cocktail should then be drunk quickly.
- Bomb shot
- Cheeky Vimto – another cocktail named after a commercial soft drink, which likewise doesn't contain that soft drink as an ingredient
- Shooter (mixed drink)
- Drink portal
- stonebanks (2012-12-04). "Flaming Cocktails Set the Night on Fire". City Weekend. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-11-11. Retrieved 2014-11-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "New Orleans Signature Drink Bars". Gambit.
- "Flaming Dr Pepper recipe". Drinknation.com. Retrieved 2009-11-02.