Flanders Recorder Quartet
|Flanders Recorder Quartet|
The Flanders Recorder Quartet
Joris van Goethem,
Paul van Loey
The Flanders Recorder Quartet is a professional recorder group based in Belgium.
- Bart Spanhove
- Tom Beets
- Joris van Goethem
- Paul van Loey
Reviews for the Flanders Recorder Quartet have been positive, with the New York Times praising the band's performance. The Columbia Spectator also positively reviewed the group, citing the flexibility of the recorders as a highlight. The Flanders Recorder Quartet has also received positive reviews from the Milwaukee Express and CultureMap Houston.
Of a 1998 performance of The Four Seasons, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wrote that the band was "brilliant" but that "for maintaining rhythmic vitality" the band "couldn't match good string playing".
- Flanders Recorder Quartet's Early Music Prowess Express Milwaukee
- From an Early-Music Quartet, Songs to Please a Queen New York Times
- ‘Reclaiming Bach for the Recorder’: Flanders Recorder Quartet rearranges traditional ideas of Baroque music Columbia Spectator
- Strong Concerts From Flanders Recorder Quartet, Prometheus Trio Milwaukee Express
- Flanders Recorder Quartet does impressive things with wood instruments CultureMap Houston
- Kanny, Mark. Flanders recorders soar". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Jan 24, 1998, B-9.
|This article on a musician who plays a woodwind instrument is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Belgian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|