Flash and Dash
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for television. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Flash and Dash|
|Country of origin||China|
|Production company(s)||Alpha Animations|
|Original network||TV Tokyo (Japan)
Cartoon Network (U.S.)
Race-Tin: Flash and Dash, is a 2007 Chinese animated series created by Auldey and based on their line of radio-controlled cars. The original series ran for 26 episodes and saw distribution in various countries across the world. There are two theme songs: the Chinese theme song is the original theme "Flash! Dash!" and the English version is the unleashed theme "Feel the Fire! Feel the Speed!" written by John Mitchell and Tom Keenlyside.
An English version, created by Ocean Productions, began airing in the United Kingdom on Cartoon Network Too on November 7, 2009. The broadcast was produced in a partnership between Danbar, a company distributing the toyline in Europe, and Turner Media Innovations.
The series received two followups, the 40-episode sequel Race-Tin: Flash & Dash 2 in 2007 and the 26 episode reboot Race-Tin: Flash & Dash S in 2012. The latter entries saw limited distribution outside of Asia, with only Flash & Dash S receiving an English dub with local actors. All three seasons are available to stream across Auldey's various Youtube channels.
Twin brothers Frank and Karl live with Uncle Charles when their parents are away. They go to school and meet Mike and Sally.
They meet Sally, Norton and Mike and tell them all about R.C. Racing, but Karl tells that R.C. Racing is just babies games. Then after school, the guys go to the Race Tin club, and Mike races the duo. Karl fumbles with the controller buttons and Frank copies Mike and comes into second. After the race, Sally and his father arrive. They get to the car shop and analyze some cars. Mike tells them what R.C. Racing cars are like. He explains his car as an example, and he tells that the higher the level, the car will have to be modified with spoilers and new body kits.
Frank and Karl Race Marco and later on Sword, continuing to race Tommy and Norton, onwards against Ocean, and they race Sword again in the finals.
- The main protagonist of the show, he drives the X-Wind, a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano (599XX).
- Frank's twin brother, he drives the Fly Infinity, a racing Lamborghini Reventon.
- The Main Antagonist, he drives the Dark Evil, a Pagani Zonda R.
- Leader of the SuperSonic team, she drives the White Rider, a Toyota Supra RZ JZA80.
- Mike is the second member of the SuperSonic team. He drives the Ultra Flash, a Nissan Skyline GT-R V Spec II BNR34. His parents work as mechanics.
- Norton is the third member of the SuperSonic team. He drives the Violet Killer, a rear-wheel-drive Volkswagen Golf GTI. He is from a rich family.
- The leader of the Raging Fire team, he drives the Ray Killer, a black TVR Sagaris.
- Tommy is the second member of Raging Fire. He drives the Polar Wolver, a Lamborghini Gallardo.
- Horace is the third member of Raging Fire. He drives the Fire Blast, a Subaru Impreza WRX STI.
- Marco is the leader of the Giant Golds team. He drives the Thunder Giant, a Hummer H2 S.U.T.
- Due to only 10 cars used by the main characters, Flash and Dash is somewhat similar to Fast Beat Loop Racer
- Due to 26 episodes, Flash and Dash is likely an Anime that resembles Wangan Midnight and, due to its drifting content, Initial D
- Several Characters resembles the Initial D Characters, Carl and Frank resembles the Takahashi brothers (Frank Resembles Ryosuke as they are the eldest, more rational, serious, cautious than their younger sibling, while Carl resembles Keisuke as they are the hot-headed, more emotional sibling), Sally Resembles Mako and Sayuki (although she resembles Sayuki more due to their short tempered attidute), Marco resembles Wataru Akiyama as they act as an advisor to the main protagonists (Wataru to Takumi, and Marco to Carl and Frank), Sword resembles Shingo Shoji and Rin Hojo
- The Random Rival Cars in which are driven by random characters are Mazda RX-7, Mazda RX-8, Dodge Ram, Enzo Ferrari (automobile), Toyota Innova, and Mitsubishi I (except the Nissan Skyline GT-R, Toyota Celica, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, Honda Civic, Honda NSX, Chevrolet Corvette, and Lamborghini Murcielago).
- English credits
- Roberts, Katie (4 November 2009). "Danbar launches Flash and Dash". Toy News Online. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "Flash & Dash: Season One (English)". Youtube. 1 March 2016. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "闪电冲线 2 - Flash & Dash 2 (Chinese - English subtitles)". Youtube. 3 May 2016. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "Flash & Dash S (English)". Youtube. 16 March 2016. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- Race-Tin - Audley Toys - Official toy site (English)