Flashback (Darin album)
|Studio album by Darin|
|Released||3 December 2008|
|Producer||RedOne, Twin, David Jassy, Jason Gill, Johan Bobäck, Ilya, Murlyn Music|
|Singles from Flashback|
Flashback is the fourth studio album by Swedish singer/songwriter Darin Zanyar. It was released on 3 December 2008 in Sweden and became Darin's 4th top 10 album. It features the physical singles "Breathing Your Love" and "What If" plus the digital singles "Runaway" and "See U At The Club". This is the first album to see Darin contributing both musically and lyrically, this occurs on all but one track. The song "Karma" feat. David Jassy was released to the Swedish radio station "The Voice" and holds the position 12 at the "Voice Topp 20".
In summer 2007 Darin went back into the studio to start work on his 4th studio album with producers such as Murlyn Music, Johan Bobäck and RedOne who have worked with such acts as Akon and Michael Jackson. Flashback has taken longer to complete than any of Darin’s previous albums, and he has also taken part in writing the music and lyrics in a completely different manner than before saying "I have been writing songs since I was 14 years old, I have taken part in writing and co-producing all of the songs except for one on this record. It is important to me that people understand that I write my songs myself, since many don't think this is the case". Speaking on his official site about some of the tracks written for the album Darin says of the songs...
|“||''See U At The Club "I wrote this song with RedOne after a really tough trip to Berlin where among other things I lost my driving licence. When I arrived and saw my friends, I just felt like, "never mind all my problems, let’s just go out and party, I can’t be bothered to care". I wanted to make a club song to capture that feeling."
Seasons Fly, "This is the song on which I've done the most on the record. Johan Bobäck was the co-producer. We were just sitting around not really doing anything, when I started beat boxing for fun. He put a loop on it, and then everything just lowed – piano chords, strokes, melody, lyrics – everything just came naturally".
Paradise "This is the first song I wrote for the record. It was a year and a half ago, and it is really nice that it is still good. There was something magical about it. The lyrics are about new love, and are both happy and sad – the feeling of "is this really happening?" and the fear inside before you tell her.
|— Darin Zanyar, official website.|
Darin enlisted the help of American singer Kat DeLuna for the lead single Breathing Your Love which was produced by RedOne with whom DeLuna had previously worked. The single was released in October 2008 and charted at number 2 on the Swedish singles chart.
- "Breathing Your Love" (featuring Kat Deluna) 3:53 (Darin/Bilal Hajji/Novel/RedOne)
- "Seasons Fly" 3:02 (Linda Sundblad/Johan "JB" Bobäck/Darin)
- "Road Trip" 4:45 (Ilya KnocDown/David Jassy/Darin)
- "Dance" 3:33 (A. Curtis/Darin/J Gill/S. Gill/RedOne)
- "Karma" (featuring David Jassy) 3:57 (Ilya KnocDown/David Jassy)
- "Flashback" 3:56 (Stefan Gräslund/Darin/David Jassy/Magnus Wallbert)
- "Strobelight" 3:48 (Darin/David Jassy/Magnus Wallbert/Stefan Gräslund)
- "Girl Next Door" 3:11 (Darin/Bilal Hajji/RedOne/Novel)
- "Runaway" 3:02 (David Jassy/Magnus Wallbert/Stefan Gräslund/Darin)
- "Paradise" 3:59 (A. Curtis/Darin/J Gill/S. Gill)
- "See U At The Club" 3:43 (Darin/RedOne/Novel/Bilal Hajji)
- "What If" (Bonus Track) 3:34 (Niclas Molinder/David Jassy/Joacim Persson/Johan Alkenäs)
- Brought Me Back 3:30 (Darin/Bilal Hajji/Novel/RedOne)
- Insanity (The Attic Remix Radio Edit) 3:41 (Patric Sarin/Peter Månsson/Darin)
- Breathing Your Love (Acoustic) 3:26 (Darin/Bilal Hajji/Novel/RedOne)
|Sweden||December 3, 2008|