Flatrock Township, Henry County, Ohio
|Flatrock Township, Ohio|
Location of Flatrock Township in Henry County
|• Total||35.6 sq mi (92.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.0 sq mi (90.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.4 km2)|
|Elevation||696 ft (212 m)|
|• Density||35.8/sq mi (13.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086288|
Flatrock Township is one of the thirteen townships of Henry County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,254 people in the township, 967 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Napoleon Township - north
- Harrison Township - northeast corner
- Monroe Township - east
- Marion Township - southeast corner
- Pleasant Township - south
- Highland Township, Defiance County - southwest corner
- Richland Township, Defiance County - west
- Adams Township, Defiance County - northwest corner
The village of Florida is located in northwestern Flatrock Township.
Name and history
It is the only Flatrock Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Henry County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.