Manzoni studied Architecture at University of Florence, specializing in industrial design. In 1993 he joined the Centro Stile Lancia, and three years later he was made responsible for Interior Design of the marque. He worked on various projects such as the interiors of the Lancia Dialogos and the Maserati 3200 GT. In 1999, he moved to Barcelona to become Interior Design Director at SEAT, and working in the interiors of the production cars SEAT Altea and SEAT León, and the concept cars SEAT Salsa and SEAT Tango.
In 2001 Manzoni returned to Lancia and was appointed Design Director. He took charge of the concept cars Lancia Granturismo, Lancia Granturismo Stilnovo and Lancia Fulvia Coupè Concept, great success at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2003, and the production cars Lancia Ypsilon and Lancia Musa, winning the '"European Automotive Design Award" in 2003.
In 2006 Manzoni returned to the VW group and was appointed Director of Creative Design Volkswagen, where he designed the Volkswagen Golf Mk6 and he has defined the new vision of the Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti. Manzoni created concepts for the VW Up!, Space Up!, Space Up! Blue, e-Up! and the VW BlueSport roadster. Among production cars, alongside Walter de Silva, he has designed the recent generation of VW cars.
In January 2010 Manzoni was appointed Senior Vice President of Design at Ferrari, with the task of reworking the identity for the Italian brand. As design director, he has been leading the style center team to develop the concept of the Ferrari FF and LaFerrari, then he presented at Paris Motor Show the roadster Ferrari SA Aperta, and the Ferrari F12berlinetta at the Geneva Motor Show in 2012.
With his team he is directing the project of the “New Ferrari Style Center” in the production site of Ferrari S.p.A. based in Maranello (Modena). Each of the four floors of the new building is dedicated to a different project design stage.
In December 2014 on Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, his FXXK was presented as the most powerful Ferrari ever. Although partially based on the very first hybrid car produced in Maranello, LaFerrari, the FXXK is in fact a completely new car.
In September 2018 Manzoni presented the Ferrari SP38 Deborah at the Grand Basel Show demonstrating his great passion for design: “It’s so important to show the shape of a car as it was intended, as a masterpiece or a work of art. These presentation frames are great at stimulating contemplation – normally, we’re used to seeing cars in noisy and chaotic environments. But here, there’s nothing but the car, its name, and its date. There are no distractions.”
For the partnership between Ferrari and Hublot, the historic luxury watchmaking fashion house, in 2019 he designed of the Hublot Classic Fusion Ferrari GT watch, inspired by the Ferrari "Gran Turismo" universe
Cars designed by Manzoni:
- Lancia Dialogos (1998)
- Maserati 3200 GT (1998)
- SEAT Tango (2001)
- Lancia Granturismo Stilnovo Concept (2003)
- Lancia Fulvia Coupé (2003)
- Lancia Ypsilon (2003)
- Lancia Musa (2004)
- Volkswagen Scirocco
- Volkswagen BlueSport Concept
- Volkswagen Golf VI
- Volkswagen Golf VII
- Ferrari 599 SA Aperta (2010)
- Ferrari FF (2011)
- Ferrari SP30 (2012) (One off)
- Ferrari F12berlinetta (2012)
- Ferrari 458 Speciale (2013)
- Ferrari LaFerrari (2013)
- Ferrari California T (2014)
- Ferrari F12 TRS (One off) (2014)
- Ferrari FXX K (2015)
- Ferrari 488 (2015)
- Ferrari 488 Spider (2015)
- Ferrari GTC4Lusso (2016)
- Ferrari F12tdf (2016)
- Ferrari J50 (2016)
- Ferrari SP275RW (2016) (One off)
- Ferrari Portofino (2017)
- Ferrari FXX K Evo (2017)
- Ferrari 488 Pista (2018)
- Ferrari SP38 (2018)
- Ferrari 488 Pista Spider (2018)
- Ferrari Monza SP1 (2019)
- Ferrari Monza SP2 (2019)
- Ferrari P80/C (2019)
- Ferrari F8 Tributo (2019)
- Ferrari SF90 Stradale (2020)
In May 2014 he received the Compasso d'Oro, the oldest and most recognized award in the industrial design field, for the design of F12berlinetta. In June 2016 the Compasso d'Oro is assigned to the Ferrari FXXK.
In May 2018 Flavio Manzoni received the design award for concept cars & prototypes at the Concorso d’Eleganza di Villa d’Este for the Ferrari SP38
In March 2019 the Ferrari Monza SP1 wins Gold Award at the iF Design Awards 2019 in Munich. 
- "The new Lancia Fulvia - yes please!". Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- Articolo su automobilismo.it
- "Flavio Manzoni Full Bio". Born. Retrieved 2015-06-17.
- "Flavio Manzoni to Head Ferrari Design". www.cardesignnews.com. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "The designer of record". www.wsj.com/. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Our Exclusive Look at Ferrari's New Centro Stile and the Monza SP1 and SP2 - COOL HUNTING". COOL HUNTING. 2018-09-18. Retrieved 2018-09-20.
- "Opinion leaders from the car world take to the inaugural Grand Basel". Grand Basel. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Reddinger, Paige (2019-03-26). "Hublot Has an Entirely New Watch Design and You Can Thank Ferrari". Robb Report. Retrieved 2019-05-20.
- "Flavio Manzoni to visit Sydney for Vivid Ideas". whitehavenmotoryachts.com.au. Archived from the original on 30 June 2016. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "Design award honours Kia and Ferrari with Red Dot: Best of the Best". en.red-dot.org. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "The Ferrari GTC4Lusso Wins the "Most Beautiful Supercar of the Year" | Ferrari.com". Ferrari GT - en-EN. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "Red Dot Award 2017 best of the best". Red Dot Award. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Ferrari Monza SP1 Awarded Gold". Retrieved 25 March 2019.
- "Flavio Manzoni Wins 2019 American Prize for Design". www.dexigner.com. Retrieved 2019-05-20.