|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Kevin Hooks|
|Produced by||Frank Mancuso, Jr.|
|Written by||Preston A. Whitmore II|
Robert John Burke
|Music by||Graeme Revell|
|Cinematography||Matthew F. Leonetti|
|Edited by||Richard Nord
|July 19, 1996|
Charles Piper (Laurence Fishburne) and Luke Dodge (Stephen Baldwin) are two convicts who end up shackled together due to fighting while on work detail. Another prisoner, Mill, who incited the fight, steals a gun from an officer and wipes out half of the officers. Piper and Dodge take off and soon the Attorney General's office has U.S. Marshal Pat Schiller (Robert John Burke) on the case.
Informed of the escape, local cop Matthew "Gib" Gibson (Will Patton) starts getting suspicious of the feds' interest in Dodge, whom Gibson had earlier arrested. Gibson finds that Dodge has a hidden computer disk that contains information that could be very damaging to Cuban crime boss Frank Mantajano (Michael Nader).
Piper, who turns out to be a cop on the case, and Dodge must stay out of the clutches of Mantajano's hit man Rico Santiago (Victor Rivers), and corrupt federal agents who want to retrieve the disk.
- Laurence Fishburne as Charles Piper
- Stephen Baldwin as Luke Dodge
- Will Patton as Det. Matthew 'Gib' Gibson
- Robert John Burke as U.S. Marshal Pat Schiller
- Robert Hooks as Lieutenant Henry Clark
- Victor Rivers as Rico Santiago
- David Dukes as D.A. Chris Paine
- Ken Jenkins as Warden Nichols
- Michael Nader as Frank Mantajano
- Brittney Powell as Cindy Henderson
- Salma Hayek as Cora
- Steve Carlisle as Herb Foster
- Brett Rice as Officer Thornhill
- J. Don Ferguson as Chairman
- Kathy Payne as Margaret Parks
Fled has received generally negative reviews from critics. The film currently holds a 14% rating on review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes based on 29 reviews.
The film opened at No. 6 at the North American box office. It has made $17,193,231 worldwide, barely recovering its $25 million budget.
|This article about an action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|