|Alma mater||University of Arkansas|
Fleda Brown was born in Columbia, Missouri, and raised in Fayetteville, Arkansas. In 1978 she joined the University of Delaware English Department. There she founded the Poets in the Schools Program, which she directed for more than twelve years. She served as poet laureate of Delaware from 2001 to 2007, when she retired from the University of Delaware and moved to Traverse City, Michigan. She currently teaches in the Rainier Writing Workshop, a low-residency MFA program at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Washington. Her husband, Jerry Beasley, is also a retired English professor.
- Ph.D. (English, Pre-1900 American Literature), University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, 1983
- M.A. (English), University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, 1976
- B.A. (English), University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, 1969
- The woods are on fire : new and selected poems, Lincoln : University of Nebraska Press, 2017. ISBN 9780803294943, OCLC 957705124
- Reunion (University of Wisconsin Press, 2007) ISBN 9780299221805, OCLC 71552368 – won 2007 Felix Pollak Prize in Poetry
- The Women Who Loved Elvis All Their Lives (Carnegie-Mellon University Press, 2004) ISBN 9780887484032, OCLC 55071858
- Breathing In Breathing Out (Anhinga Press, 2002) – won 2001 Philip Levine Prize for Poetry
- Devil's Child (Carnegie-Mellon University Press, 1998) ISBN 9780887482885, OCLC 41226060
- The Earliest House (chapbook, Kutztown University, 1994)
- Do Not Peel the Birches (Purdue University Press, 1993)
- The Eleusinian Mysteries MS (poems and images: limited edition artbook, The Moment Press, 1992) – with Norman Sasowsky
- Fishing with Blood (Purdue University Press, 1988) ISBN 9780911198942, OCLC 17202526 – won the Great Lakes Colleges New Writer’s Award
- On the Mason-Dixon Line: An Anthology of Contemporary Delaware Writers (University of Delaware Press, 2008) – co-edited with Billie Travalini
- Critical Essays on D.H. Lawrence (G. K. Hall & Company, 1988) – co-edited with Dennis Jackson
- "Fleda Brown : Poet Laureate, Professor of English". University of Delaware. Retrieved 20 November 2010.
- "Department of English – Retired & Emeritus Faculty". University of Delaware. Retrieved 20 November 2010.
- "Fleda Brown". The Poetry Foundation. Retrieved 20 November 2010.
- "Kevin Puts – Composer". Retrieved 25 February 2017.
|Fleda Brown, The Poet and the Poem 2017-18 Series|