|Web address||www.FledgeWing.com [Currently offline]|
|1,169,777 (April 2014[update])|
FledgeWing was an online community aimed at entrepreneurial university students launched in February 2009. Founded by two NYU Stern students in October 2007, the site supported 325 universities worldwide. Having no costs or advertising, the social network aimed to connect aspiring student entrepreneurs with one another as well as with mentors, investors, and industry professionals. In February 2010, FledgeWing India, an all-Hindi version of the site, was launched at FledgeWing.in. After nearly six years, the platform shut down in May 2013.
Students could sign up directly to the site with their academic e-mail address while mentors needed to be invited or request access.
- Articles: numerous business guidelines and advice for fledgling entrepreneurs
- Case Studies: presented as business challenges within the tech/social media world and range from the creation of a retail outlet for Microsoft to the development of a business model for Twitter. Students are encouraged to submit their case studies as comments, attaching any necessary documents to validate or clarify their POV (point of view).
- Companies: small businesses list their jobs and upcoming events
- Groups: tools for posting events and grouping members together
- Interests: users can find and discuss with their like-minded peers
- Mentors: search for specific mentors worldwide
- Projects: tools for document collaboration, goal tickets and forum discussions
- Universities: contact details for entrepreneurial centers along with university events
FledgeWing occasionally hosted real-world all-expenses paid networking events (i.e. Hong Kong, London, Oxford and New York) to foster connections between students and mentors.
- "Fledgewing.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "FledgeWing Allows Student Entrepreneurs to Find Mentors, Capital, Collaborators". Retrieved July 2, 2009.
- "Student Entrepreneur Platform Launched in India". Retrieved February 3, 2010.
- "New social network serves student entrepreneurs". Retrieved July 2, 2009.
- "FledgeWing.com - Collaborative Online Community". Retrieved July 2, 2009.
- "Business Network - FledgeWing". Archived from the original on August 11, 2009. Retrieved July 28, 2009.
- "Just An Online Minute... Batten Down The Hatches, Internet Week Is Coming!". Retrieved July 2, 2009.