Fleet of Worlds
|Author||Larry Niven and Edward M. Lerner|
|Cover artist||Stephan Martinière|
|October 16, 2007|
|LC Class||PS3564.I9 F57 2007|
|Preceded by||''"At the Core"|
|Followed by||Juggler of Worlds|
|Fleet of Worlds|
|Known Space location|
|Created by||Larry Niven|
|Notable characters||Nessus, Hindmost, Chiron|
Fleet of Worlds is a science fiction novel by American writers Larry Niven and Edward M. Lerner, part of Niven's Known Space series.  The Fleet of Worlds (sub)series, consisting of this book and its four sequels, is named for its opening book.
The novel, co-written by Niven and Edward M. Lerner, was released in 2007 and nominated for a Prometheus Award. It is set shortly after the events of the short story "At the Core". The novel concerns the liberation of New Terra from the Concordance of the Pierson's Puppeteers. It also introduces a new intelligent species to Known Space, the Gw'oth.
The Fleet of World series consists of five books by the same authors:
- Fleet of Worlds (2007),
- Juggler of Worlds (2008),
- Destroyer of Worlds (2009),
- Betrayer of Worlds (2010), and
- Fate of Worlds: Return from the Ringworld (2012).
The first four novels are prequels to Ringworld; the last one is a sequel.
- Niven, Larry; Lerner, Edward (2007), Fleet of Worlds, New York: Tor Books, ISBN 978-0-7653-1825-1
- Niven, Larry; Lerner, Edward (2008), Juggler of Worlds, New York: Tor Books, ISBN 978-0-7653-1826-8
- Niven, Larry; Lerner, Edward (2009), Destroyer of Worlds, New York: Tor Books, ISBN 0-7653-2205-6
- Niven, Larry; Lerner, Edward (2010), Betrayer of Worlds, New York: Tor Books, ISBN 0-7653-2608-6
- Niven, Larry; Lerner, Edward (2012), Fate of Worlds: Return from the Ringworld, New York: Tor Books, ISBN 0-7653-3100-4
- "Summary Bibliography: Larry Niven". www.isfdb.org.
|This article about a 2000s science fiction novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.