Flemington railway station
|Location||The Crescent, Homebush West|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||14.32 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Rebuilt||25 May 1924|
|Passengers (2013)||2,930 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
From 1923 until 1972, extensive cattle yards existed opposite the station. This was redeveloped as the Sydney Markets in 1975. It included railway sidings for produce trains. These have since been decommissioned. When Enfield Yard was closed for redevelopment in the mid-1990s, the sidings became a locomotive changeover point for freight trains.
In December 2014, scoping began for an upgrade to the station.
To the west of the station is the Flemington Maintenance Depot where the Olympic Park line branches off. Between the station and the Sydney Markets lie two tracks exclusively used by freight trains travelling between the Main North line and the Metropolitan Goods line.
Platforms & services
|1||no scheduled services|
|2||no scheduled services|
|3||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|4||services to Parramatta, Leppington & Campbelltown via Granville|||
Transit Systems operates one route via Flemington station:
Flemington station is served by two NightRide routes:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Flemington Station NSWrail.net
- Flemington Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "20 Years Ago" Railway Digest October 1992 page 402
- "Flemington" Railway Digest May 1992 page 190
- Have your say on major upgrade of Flemington Station Transport for NSW 2 December 2014
- Flemington Middle Junction SA Track & Signal
- "T2: Inner West & Leppington line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 408". Transport for NSW.
- "N60 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- "N61 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
Media related to Flemington railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Flemington station details Transport for New South Wales