Flemington railway station
Eastbound view in August 2007
|Location||The Crescent, Homebush West|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||14.32 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Rebuilt||25 May 1924|
From 1923 until 1972, extensive cattle yards existed opposite the station. This was redeveloped as the Sydney Markets in 1975. It included railway sidings for produce trains. These have since been decommissioned. When Enfield Yard was closed for redevelopment in the mid-1990s, the sidings became a locomotive changeover point for freight trains.
To the west of the station is the Flemington Maintenance Depot where the Olympic Park line branches off. Between the station and the Sydney Markets lie two tracks exclusively used by freight trains travelling between the Main North line and the Metropolitan Goods line.
In December 2014, scoping began for an upgrade to the station.
Platforms & services
|1||no scheduled services|
|2||no scheduled services|
|3||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|4||services to Leppington & Campbelltown via Granville|||
State Transit operate one route via Flemington station:
- Flemington Station NSWrail.net
- Flemington Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "20 Years Ago" Railway Digest October 1992 page 402
- "Flemington" Railway Digest May 1992 page 190
- Flemington Middle Junction SA Track & Signal
- Have your say on major upgrade of Flemington Station Transport for NSW 2 December 2014
- "T2: Inner West & South line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 13 December 2015.
- "Routes 407 and 408 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 30 January 2011.
- NightRide bus services Archived 15 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Transport Info NSW