Flemington railway station
|Location||The Crescent, Homebush West|
|Owned by||Transport Asset Holding Entity|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||14.32 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Rebuilt||25 May 1924|
|2018||9,470 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
From 1923 until 1972, extensive cattle yards existed opposite the station. This was redeveloped as the Sydney Markets in 1975. It included railway sidings for produce trains. These have since been decommissioned. When Enfield Yard was closed for redevelopment in the mid-1990s, the sidings became a locomotive changeover point for freight trains.
An upgrade to the station was planned from 2014 and works completed in 2018, resulting in the replacement of the historic concourse with a new one with lift access to the platforms.
To the west of the station is the Flemington Maintenance Depot where the Olympic Park line branches off. Between the station and the Sydney Markets lie two tracks exclusively used by freight trains travelling between the Main North line and the Metropolitan Goods line.
Platforms & services
|1||no scheduled services|
|2||no scheduled services|
|3||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|4||services to Parramatta, Leppington & Campbelltown via Granville|||
Transit Systems operates one route via Flemington station:
Flemington station is served by two NightRide routes:
- Transport Performance and Analytics (21 December 2018). "Train Station Entries and Exits 2016 to 2018". Train Station Entries and Exits Data. Open Data: Government of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- Flemington Station NSWrail.net
- Flemington Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "20 Years Ago" Railway Digest October 1992 page 402
- "Flemington" Railway Digest May 1992 page 190
- Have your say on major upgrade of Flemington Station Transport for NSW 2 December 2014
- Flemington Middle Junction SA Track & Signal
- "T2: Inner West & Leppington line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 408". Transport for NSW.
- "N60 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- "N61 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
Media related to Flemington railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Flemington station details Transport for New South Wales