|Look up Flemish in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The Flemish is synonym of 'the Flemish people' and the modern group term for plural 'the Flemings', inhabitants of Flanders, the Western part of Belgium.
Flemish is the adjective according to context referring to either of the above or to:
- Flanders, an area of which history has brought the borders currently mainly at the Flemish Region
- Flemish Region, a constitutional region, the northern half of Belgium without the Brussels enclave
- Flemish Community, a constitutional, institutionalized community comprising the majority of Belgians
Flemish is also often used incorrectly for the Belgian Dutch spoken in Flanders.
- Flemish bond, a type of brickwork bond
- Flemish eye, a circular type of knot
- Flemish Eye, a Canadian record label named after a Flemish eye
- Flemish Giant, a type of rabbit
- Flemish Liberals and Democrats, political party
- Flemish Brabant, a province in the Flemish Region
- Flemish Government, the executive branch of the Flemish Community and Flemish Region
- Flemish knot and Flemish bend, two types of figure-of-eight knot
- Flemish literature, the literature of Flanders
- Flemish movement, a political movement for Flemish autonomy
- Flemish painting, a historic school of painting centered in Flanders
- Flemish Parliament, the legislative assembly of the Flemish Community and Flemish Region
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Flemish.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.