Fleur Jaeggy (Zurich, 1940) is a Swiss writer of Italian mother tongue.
After completing her studies in Switzerland, Jaeggy went to live in Rome, where she met Ingeborg Bachmann and Thomas Bernhard. In 1968 she went to Milan to work for the publisher Adelphi Edizioni and married Roberto Calasso. Her first masterpiece was the novel I beati anni del castigo (1989). The Times Literary Supplement accounted her novel Proleterka as the best book of 2003. She is also a translator into Italian of Marcel Schwob and Thomas de Quincey.
She worked with the Italian musician Franco Battiato, under the pseudonym of Carlotta Wieck.
- Il dito in bocca, Adelphi, 1968
- L'angelo custode, Adelphi, 1971
- Le statue d'acqua, Adelphi, 1980
- I beati anni del castigo, Adelphi, 1989
- La paura del cielo, Adelphi, 1994
- Proleterka, Adelphi, 2001
Short story collections
- Sono il fratello di XX, Adelphi, 2014
- ^ F.J. on tusquetseditores.com
- ^ Elisa Tonani, Storia della lingua italiana e storia della musica F. Cesati, 2005