Fleur de Lys (Los Angeles, California)
|Fleur de Lys|
|Address||350 N Carolwood Dr, Los Angeles, California 90077|
|Client||David I. Saperstein|
|Floor area||35,046 square feet (3,255.9 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Richardson Robertson III|
Situated on five acres of land in Holmby Hills, the 45,000-square-foot (4,200 m2) property has twelve bedrooms, fifteen baths, a fifty-seat theater, a ballroom, a gym, a pool house, a 1,200-foot (370 m) running track, a tennis court and a guest house. There is a 200-yard (180 m) driveway from the gate to the main house.
The house was commissioned in 1996 and completed in 2002. It was modelled after King Louis XIV's Palace of Versailles. It was designed by architect Richardson Robertson III of Robertson Partners.
It has 12 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms. Lot is 4.19 acres (1.70 ha) between Carolwood and Angelo Drives. Main entrance on Angelo drive. Total floor area is 35,046 square feet (3,255.9 m2).
The original owners were David I. Saperstein and his wife Suzanne Saperstein. Upon their divorce in 2004, his wife received the property in the settlement. She put it on the market for US $125,000,000 (£78 million) in 2006. On March 28, 2014, the house reportedly sold to a French billionaire for US $102 million in cash, the most expensive property ever sold in Los Angeles County at the time according to the Los Angeles Times.
- List of largest houses in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
- List of largest houses in the United States
- Forbes: Fleur de Lys, Beverly Hills, CA
- Lara Gould, Tamara's Versailles: A 50-seat cinema, a gilded ballroom and 15 bathrooms... F1 heiress's £78m palace to keep up with her sister, The Daily Mail, December 01, 2012
- Robertson Partners
- Christopher Bagley, Oh, Suzanne, W, December 2008
- David, Mark (March 31, 2014). "Suzanne Saperstein Finally Unloads Fleur de Lys (at Record Price)". Variety.com. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- "Is Michael Milken the buyer of $102-million Westside estate?". Los Angeles Times. March 31, 2014.
- "350 N Carolwood Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90077". Zillow.com. Retrieved March 12, 2017.
|This article about a building or structure in Los Angeles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|