Flick of the Finger
|"Flick of the Finger"|
|Song by Beady Eye|
|from the album BE|
|Released||15 April 2013|
|Genre||Psychedelic rock, stoner rock|
|Songwriter(s)||Liam Gallagher, Gem Archer, Andy Bell|
|BE track listing|
Background and release
The song features a guest appearance from Kayvan Novak who reads out a passage from Tariq Ali's 1987 book, "Street Fighting Years: An Autobiography of the Sixties" (in turn quoting a, likely fictional, Jean-Paul Marat monologue from act 1, scene 23 of Peter Weiss' 1963 play "Marat/Sade") to close the track.
The music video for the song was made available to watch on the band's official website along with stems files as MP3s during the internet promotion. The stems were later released on Facebook and Twitter. The track debuted on Californian radio station KCRW on 4 April 2013. The official music video premiered on YouTube, on 11 April 2013.
The remix of "Flick of the Finger" backed with the remix of "Soul Love" was released on 7" single limited to 1000 copies in 2014.
- "Beady Eye name new album BE". Retrieved 2013-04-10.
- "Beady Eye to premiere new single on April 15 | News". Nme.Com. 27 March 2013. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Beady Eye Unveil 'Flick Of The Finger'". Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- ""Flick of the Finger" originally written for 2004 Oasis EP". Retrieved 2013-04-11.
- "Stems released for Flick of the Finger". Twitter. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "New Beady Eye track 'Flick Of The Finger' premieres on US radio - listen | News". Nme.Com. 6 April 2013. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Beady Eye - Flick of the Finger". YouTube. 2013-04-11. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "Record Store Day: Win a signed LG limited edition vinyl". prettygreen.com. 2014-04-14. Retrieved 2015-01-30.
|This 2010s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|