Flinders, New South Wales
Shellharbour, New South Wales
aerial photograph of Flinders
|Population||6,679 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Shellharbour|
Flinders is a seaside southern suburb of Shellharbour, located in the Illawarra region of New South Wales, Australia. Flinders is located approximately 86 kilometres south-southwest of New South Wales' capital city of Sydney. Flinders is close to a number of beaches and to and over 60 hectares of green open spaces including bush reserves, waterways and landscaped parks. Flinders adjoins neighbouring suburbs of Shellharbour, Shell Cove, Blackbutt and the suburb of Shell Heights.
The area is served by the Shellharbour Junction railway station which replaced the previous Dunmore railway station on 22 November 2014 . It was initially intended to call the new station Flinders Premier Illawarra operates one bus route to and from Flinders, namely route 52 to Shellharbour Junction railway station.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Flinders (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- New Shellharbour Junction set to open Illawarra Mercury 6 November 2014
- NSW Government delivers extra train seats for South Coast customers Transport for NSW 7 November 2014
- Brand new Shellharbour Junction Station ready to open to customers Transport for NSW 21 November 2014
- CityRail Update N.13 - Illawarra and South Coast edition. CityRail.
- Flinders to Shellharbour Junction railway station Premier Illawarra