Flinders Ranges Council
|Flinders Ranges Council
Location of The Flinders Ranges Council
|Population||1,608 (2015 est)|
|• Density||0.38304/km2 (0.9921/sq mi)|
|Area||4,198 km2 (1,620.9 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Peter Slattery |
|State electorate(s)||Electoral district of Giles|
|Federal Division(s)||Division of Grey|
|Website||Flinders Ranges Council|
The LGA is approximately 100 km from north to south, and 45 km from east to west, with a total area of 4,198 square kilometres.
The main towns within the council are Hawker and Quorn; it also includes the localities of Barndioota, Kanyaka and Stephenston, and part of Bruce, Cradock, Flinders Ranges, Moockra, Saltia, Shaggy Ridge, Wilmington and Yarrah.
The LGA adjoins the following to the south - City of Port Augusta, District Council of Mount Remarkable and District Council of Orroroo Carrieton, while the remainder of the adjoining land is within the unincorporated area of South Australia where municipal services are provided by the Outback Communities Authority.
|Mayor ||Peter Slattery|
|Unsubdivided ||Ken Anderson|
The Flinders Ranges Council has a directly-elected mayor.
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2014–15". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Elected Members". Flinders Ranges Council. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Far North SA Government Region" (PDF). Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Location SA Map Viewer". Government of South Australia. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Council". Flinders Ranges Council. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "Communities". Outback Communities Authority. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "2014 Suburbs, Districts, and Postcodes List". Electoral Commission of South Australia. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Election Results 2014" (PDF). Local Government Association of South Australia. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|